L3800 Remotes + top and tilt - need help

24tex24

Equipment
L3800HST
Aug 3, 2021
SW Wisconsin
I want to add rear remotes and top + tilt to my L3800. I'm finally at the point on my land where I need to get a box blade and do some grading, leveling and drainage ditching.

I reached out to my dealer and the L3800 remote kits have been discontinued, so I'm at a loss on where to start. I have a few questions:

1. Do the Kubota parts for the L3901 fit the L3800? My dealer didn't know. Relevant part numbers are:
L7211B Base Kit & 1st Lever
L7212A 2nd position stacking kit & 2nd lever
L7213A 3rd position stacking kit & 3rd lever
L7231A spring center valve no detent
L7232A float detent valve
L7233A self canceling detent valve
L7234A locking detent valve

2. Assuming the above parts don't fit (or that I can't get 100% certainty that they do), where do I get a remote kit that will work with the L3800? I would like three remotes. 2 for the top + tilt and 1 for other implement use.

3. Is fitritehydraulics the best place to get the T+T cylinders/hoses, or are there other options (especially since there is a 30 month lead time at fit rite)?

4. Do I need float on both the top link and side link if I'm doing grading/crowning? From what I've read, float is beneficial for this; but I'm a newbie to rear hydraulics and just don't know what I need.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
I installed Fit Rite's TNT - trust me if I can do it anyone can (with Brian's help).
I also installed a 3 valve rear remote package from him - your thinking like I did. Today I was measuring up for the hydraulic lines going from the back to my hopefully soon to be grapple from EA.

Here are some pix of what I did on my L3800

control valves.jpg

top n tilt finished.jpg

I also converted to the Euro style top ball connection that Brian also offers. He was a willing great resource for someone with 0 hydraulic knowledge.

Brian recommended float valves

Reactions: 1 user

old and tired

Equipment
L2800 HST; 2005; R4
The dealer will have the most expensive option. It should not be model specific but I don't know for sure for any brackets. If you have more money than time to build your own, go for it.

In my opinion, since parts are available, building your own is the most cost effective once you know enough about hydraulics....

I knew nothing about hydralics... What I did was added a 3 spool valve after my FEL from surplus center. https://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydra...l-8-GPM-Prince-MB31BBB5C1-DA-Valve-9-7863.axd

I plumbed mine above the FEL valve since I mainly used the 3rd function for a grapple. I wanted the handle to be very near by... This also allowed me to re-use hoses from the FEL to be used on power beyond (high pressure out).

I've never needed float nor do I think it's an advantage. When I set a top link or a side link. I do not want them to move so Double Acting Pilot Valve is what I wanted.

I can explain more but if that's not what you want to do, I understand....

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
I installed Fit Rite's TNT - trust me if I can do it anyone can (with Brian's help).
I also installed a 3 valve rear remote package from him - your thinking like I did. Today I was measuring up for the hydraulic lines going from the back to my hopefully soon to be grapple from EA.

Here are some pix of what I did on my L3800

View attachment 64044

View attachment 64045

I also converted to the Euro style top ball connection that Brian also offers. He was a willing great resource for someone with 0 hydraulic knowledge.

Brian recommended float valves
How do you like that euro top hook? Added that to my order too.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I want to add rear remotes and top + tilt to my L3800. I'm finally at the point on my land where I need to get a box blade and do some grading, leveling and drainage ditching.

I reached out to my dealer and the L3800 remote kits have been discontinued, so I'm at a loss on where to start. I have a few questions:

1. Do the Kubota parts for the L3901 fit the L3800? My dealer didn't know. Relevant part numbers are:
L7211B Base Kit & 1st Lever
L7212A 2nd position stacking kit & 2nd lever
L7213A 3rd position stacking kit & 3rd lever
L7231A spring center valve no detent
L7232A float detent valve
L7233A self canceling detent valve
L7234A locking detent valve

2. Assuming the above parts don't fit (or that I can't get 100% certainty that they do), where do I get a remote kit that will work with the L3800? I would like three remotes. 2 for the top + tilt and 1 for other implement use.

3. Is fitritehydraulics the best place to get the T+T cylinders/hoses, or are there other options (especially since there is a 30 month lead time at fit rite)?

4. Do I need float on both the top link and side link if I'm doing grading/crowning? From what I've read, float is beneficial for this; but I'm a newbie to rear hydraulics and just don't know what I need.
I don't know if the L01 parts will work on your L3800 but there is not a whole lot to them and they are pricey to say the least:

1. The stack valve(s) mount to the side of the transmission using a custom hydraulic manifold which is part of the base kit.. The attachment point is a small triangular block off plate on the side of the transmission just under and to the rear of the operator's seat.
  2. The handle kits come up through the metal plate on the right side of the operator's seat and the base kit contains a replacement plate with three extra gates for the handles.
  3. The rear outlets are nothing special and should fit just fine but they are bundled with the handle kits. They are also rather low end for a $25K tractor.
If you can provide the part numbers or diagrams for the L3800 kit I may be able to tell more from the diagrams.

I am also in the process of building my own version of the L01 factory remote valves - not an exact clone but pretty darn close. Also some upgraded outlets. Feel free to PM me if you are interested in hearing more about what I have in mind and whether it might work for you.

Dan

Edit: found some 6 year old threads on TBN with pictures of L3200/L3800 factory remote valves and everything looks very much like the L01 kit.

Last edited:

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
How do you like that euro top hook? Added that to my order too.
For an old fart like me it just makes life so much easier - one less thing to fiddle with. I store most of my implements on skids below my deck. Not one is level :( but once I get aligned with the lowers (tilt is great) I just extend / retract the top link and snap the end over the ball.
Brian fabricates his own balls (hmmm that doesn't sound right) so I ordered a few extra.

Oh, and that wait is 30 weeks, not 30 months.

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
For an old fart like me it just makes life so much easier - one less thing to fiddle with. I store most of my implements on skids below my deck. Not one is level :( but once I get aligned with the lowers (tilt is great) I just extend / retract the top link and snap the end over the ball.
Brian fabricates his own balls (hmmm that doesn't sound right) so I ordered a few extra.

Oh, and that wait is 30 weeks, not 30 months.
Thank you. I had the same thought process with extending top link and flopping hook onto ball. Easy peasy. Glad to hear that’s how it works.
I also have pats on my tractor, how much did you add to the top length from the factory one?

I should see my top and tilt cylinders in January. Ordered a few extra balls also.

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Thank you. I had the same thought process with extending top link and flopping hook onto ball. Easy peasy. Glad to hear that’s how it works.
I also have pats on my tractor, how much did you add to the top length from the factory one?

I should see my top and tilt cylinders in January. Ordered a few extra balls also.
Not sure, but I would guess an inch or two.

For the new top link Brian had me hook up my back blade and adjust the top link so the blade was level front to back. That was how we determined how long the hydraulic top cylinder had to be.

24tex24

Equipment
L3800HST
Aug 3, 2021
SW Wisconsin
Thanks everyone for the replies. Brian is helping me out with this. Also - apologies for the typo in the original post - it is in fact a 30 WEEK lead time and NOT 30 months (which would really stink). I'll try remember to document the process when I put it all together in the spring. My 16 year old will get his hands dirty with me!

24tex24

Equipment
L3800HST
Aug 3, 2021
SW Wisconsin
My kit from Brian should arrive next month. I need to purchase the long hydraulic lines he doesn't include in the kit. Anyone out there already do this for a L3800 that can tell me what I need to purchase (size, length, connections, etc.)?

24tex24

Equipment
L3800HST
Aug 3, 2021
SW Wisconsin
I received everything from Brian. Now I need to order my 3 supply hoses. When I saw all the fitting options online, I got a little overwhelmed. Reached out to Brian and he confirmed all fittings to attach to the spool valve are #8 JIC Female Swivels. He's super responsive and helpful.

Last edited: