L3800/ L4600 question

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
2.2 Acres? So what have you been doing since the 2nd week of ownership??? I certainly would have run out of things to do after 7 solid days on the machine :D

buckaroo52

Equipment
Kubota L 3800 DT
Jun 5, 2013
Molalla, Oregon
30 acres and a L3800 dt. Perfect fit for me. Would seem to me a L4600 and 2 acres would be over kill...but like my wife says...bigger is better ! Either way, enjoy your tractor, and maybe your neighbors could use some help when you run out of things to do !

TexasBoy

Equipment
Kubota M7060 HDC12 & L4600DT
Dec 11, 2013
Central Texas
I really dont understand how acre size has anything to do with it, a person can own a few acres and have a need for something with bigger lifting or pulling capacity than someone with lots of acreage where its all just open meadow or woods that nothing gets done with it ever. If you had made up your mind to get a compact tractor (meaning not the MX full Ag tractor) I would definately get the 4600. That is my 2 cents.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
I really dont understand how acre size has anything to do with it, a person can own a few acres and have a need for something with bigger lifting or pulling capacity than someone with lots of acreage where its all just open meadow or woods that nothing gets done with it ever. If you had made up your mind to get a compact tractor (meaning not the MX full Ag tractor) I would definitely get the 4600. That is my 2 cents.
It doesn't make economical sense. There is literally only so much that can be done on 2 acres. Owning larger properties there is a certain minimum upkeep that requires bigger equipment in order to finish in a reasonable time.

It would be different if someone used it solely for business, or a mixed use. We previously owned 2.75 acres and once the initial clearing was done by a D6, then 2 weeks of cleaning / landscaping with a rental skid steer, there wasn't enough to do to even justify a B series, let alone the largest L model. 3yrs of following the MFG suggested services on the 4600, costs more than renting the SS for 2 weeks.

Some people like their toys; I personally would have found one road or sky legal to get more utils out of it ;)

sbrown

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Heck with all the snow we have had I haven't driven mine father than 2 acres since November. But the 4x4 and HST have been a time saver moving snow. Like I said really impressed with this tractor.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I think I have pushed 2 acres of snow,,,lol really it like weather you drive a Vett or a Vega ,, yeah I know,, point is if you can afford to drive a vet good on ya, if all you can afford is a Vega then good on ya.. They both get from point A to B and in the end that's all that matters. And whos to say 5 years down the road he don't wind up with 30 or 40 acres,, Its all in what YOU want not always in what YOU need