L3800 HST Hydraulic Question

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
I am getting a land pride 3rd function valve installed on my L3800. It shows in online installation instructions to hook it to the power beyond ports. Where exactly is the power beyond ports on my tractor? A picture or diagram if available would be great. Also, is there a bolt or fastener of some sort to get the plastic cover off that covers the loader hydraulic valve? It felt like it was on pretty solid and I didnt want to break anything by just pulling hard on it. I will probably have somebody else install the 3rd function valve as I dont know alot about hydraulics and dont want to screw anything up. Will be my dealer or somebody local that does tractor/farm equipment work. Dealer wants 450 just to install the 3rd function valveand 700 to install the 3rd function and then hoses to the grapple so its ready to use. That seems like alot to me as it doesnt look like it would take them to long to do.

Jim L.

Jun 18, 2014
Texas
The plastic cover for the hydraulic loader shuttle is held by bolts underneath. Look under and you'll see several, some for the shuttle and some for the cover.

Hydraulic hookup for your new valve will likely be to appropriate ports on the front hydraulic (manifold) block just forward of the loader shuttle.

Power beyond is high pressure isolated from the tank, and usually going to another valve.

It would make sense to let a tech do the install. They'll do it just like all the others so it will be the same if it has to be serviced.

RobD70

Equipment
Kubota L3800 HST, Land Pride PR1672 Power Rake, Land Pride BB2572 Box Scraper
Feb 22, 2014
Marathon, WI
The plastic cover for the hydraulic loader shuttle is held by bolts underneath. Look under and you'll see several, some for the shuttle and some for the cover.

Hydraulic hookup for your new valve will likely be to appropriate ports on the front hydraulic (manifold) block just forward of the loader shuttle.

Power beyond is high pressure isolated from the tank, and usually going to another valve.

It would make sense to let a tech do the install. They'll do it just like all the others so it will be the same if it has to be serviced.

Yeah, I plan to have somebody else do it. My salesman told me this would be the first time they instaled this 3rd function valve. Granted they work on this type of equipment all the time, they shgould be able to handle it, I'm not a fan of me being their guinea pig and it taking a long time, which runs the bill up higher. I know somebody who does work on tractors and related equipment in his own shop. Will see. Im going to want it installed right away to as Im anxious to get it working with the grapple I ordered with it so I can try it out.