L3750 gearing

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
How did you figure that? Do you have the gear ratio for the tractor? I havn't found it in the WSM.

I found the formula on another thread on this forum, and had to find the rolling circumference of my tires on a tire manufacturer website. I can't remember which one because I did the math awhile ago, but if you google "how do I find the rolling circumference of tractor tires" you'll come up with something.

ctmike

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L 3750 DT with loader, brush mower, rear grader blade, box scraper, rear blower,
May 10, 2013
Suffield, CT
Rolling circumference has been pretty well established. The front/rear gear ratio of an L3750 is the only part I am missing.
OK, I checked on my original math and here's what I came up with.

To find the "gear" ratio of front to back, take the rolling circumference (RC) of the front and divide it by the RC of the rear.

Then I checked the ratio of the stock tires for the L3750DT, which were
Front=8.3-16 R1 RC=94"
Rear=12.4-28 R1 RC=136"
94 divided by 136=.69 This is the "gear" ratio as stock.

Now I checked the ratio of my optional tires for the L3750DT, which are
Front=9.5-16 R1 Power Torque RC=100"
Rear=14.9-24 R4 Industrial Sure Grip RC=145"
100 divided by 145=.689 This is the gear ratio for the optional tires, which is also the same as the stock set-up.

So, the optional tires have the same ratio front to back as the stock tires and we are good to go!

jsmootz

Equipment
BX2230 - L3750DT
Comparing ratios of optional tires to OEM size is OK but there is still no reference to the tractor ratio.

I just want that magic tractor gear ratio so I can effectively plot the percentage of over-run/under-run of the front tires.