L3650 fel hose connection

patcrashman

Equipment
L3650 GST
Oct 21, 2020
canada
hi everybody, i am new on the forum. I have an old L3650 that ive install a front fel. I'm seeching on the net where to connect the hose but i dont find. And what is the Power beyond ???

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Installing a loader gets complicated once you move to the hydraulics.

Power Beyond is a type of port in a hydraulic valve which is intended to feed other high pressure circuits. For example, a loader valve with a power beyond feature would have places to connect 7 hydraulic lines. 4 of these 7 go to the lift arms and bucket cylinders.

Next would be a supply of high pressure oil from the hydraulic pump. Then a Tank port for a return flow to the reservoir for whenever the relief valve in the loader valve needs to discharge + dealing with the surplus oil between extending and contracting a cylinder. Cylinders contain more oil on the push stroke than on the retract stroke because of the volume occupied by the cylinder push rod.

Lastly is the power beyond port. This is a high pressure supply going to other valves downstream of the loader valve such as the 3 pt hitch and any rear remotes.

Your loader model will be written on the lift arms. I expect LA805.

Kubota provides installation instructions for the dealers to install loaders on tractors without loaders. Trying to install a loader without such instructions is impossible for a novice and very difficult even for experience tractor mechanics.

I tried to attach instructions for a different loader just to give you an idea of the very special hydraulic knowledge needed to connect the loader.. The file is too large.

Send me a message with your email and I will get the instructions to you to look over

Go to a dealer armed with a USB stick and beg for the installation instructions for your model loader assuming you are installing a model compatible with your tractor. Pay if you have to.

Dave

patcrashman

Equipment
L3650 GST
Oct 21, 2020
canada
In fact , the loader move great but i lost my 3 points acting... If i raise the lever for raise the 3 pth hitch nothing happen... But if i pull the bucket curl or dump fonction, the 3 pth raise.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
In fact , the loader move great but i lost my 3 points acting... If i raise the lever for raise the 3 pth hitch nothing happen... But if i pull the bucket curl or dump fonction, the 3 pth raise.
You have hoses in the wrong place.

Continue in the dark and you will break something expensive.

Hydraulics are not a lets just try this and see what happens as you often end up with a broken component in a fraction of a second.

I have given you my best advice.

I will leave you to seek advice from others.

Dave

patcrashman

Equipment
L3650 GST
Oct 21, 2020
canada

Hydraulics are not a lets just try this and see what happens as you often end up with a broken component in a fraction of a second.

Dave

patcrashman

Equipment
L3650 GST
Oct 21, 2020
canada
I have a schematic of the priority valve and the workshop manual... i dont try to plumbing my hose anywhere...

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
I repeat my diagnosis: You have hoses in the wrong place.

Some material from my library:

Most mobile directional valves come with a configuration—usually via a plug or sleeve—called “power beyond.” Power beyond can be a difficult concept for those not familiar with fluid power.
A power beyond valve has three internal flow cores: The pressure core, the tank core and the through-center (or power beyond) core. If unused, the tank and through cores are open to a common port, and flow goes back to tank . However, when the power beyond adaptor is installed, the through center core is separate from the tank core. The tank port of the first valve still needs to go directly back to tank, but the power beyond can now feed into the pressure port of the next, downstream valve.

The advantage to power beyond is in allowing you to hook up optional sub-circuits to a standard configuration, like adding a log-lift function to a log splitter. The downsides are the extra plumbing, which lead to leaks, and also an annoying effect related to the first valve in the chain

Also:

If the high pressure line from the tractor’s only hydraulic pump is connected into the FEL’s POWER BEYOND port instead of the IN port will it still operate properly?

It will not operate properly. When the spool is shifted the Power Beyond port is blocked

Dave

ifsixwasnine

Equipment
kubota M4950
Oct 24, 2020
New Zealand

Dave
I second the"hydraulics are not a let's try to this and see what happens" part.
I'm down 1 hydraulic pump due to playing with hydraulics!

Reactions: 1 user