l3600dt-gst sudden hydraulic leak

Gwizz

Equipment
l3600dt-gst
Nov 17, 2014
southern oregon
thanks, i had seen mention of how to remove the gst valve but it wasnt clear it needed to come out before hand. also it didnt look fun, saw a warning about not droping some pin. here is what i found in the wsm on the gst valve, not much just enough to pucker me up.

and removing the clutch housing

this was all i could find in the parts catalog and it doesnt seam to show what the wsm was warning about.

it mentions locating the different shift pins in neutral or high/lo prior to reassembly but i am not seeing what it needs to be. i figure i can get it apart but what concerns me is getting it back together so it works. do i need to look up something else in the catolog or wsm besides the gst valve ot mid-case/clutch housing

i is this shuttle check pin something i need to take extra precautions to not drop or just be watching before i turn it over or set it down?

when i get it apart should i expect it to be obvious how the propeler shaft will come out and the access to replacing those seals or is there some other section i need to read?

thank you again
fingers crossed
kenny

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Setting up the shift forks in the right pattern is fairly easy, so don't let that bother you.

I can't find a picture of the shuttle shift check pin either???? But it's just a pin that checks that the shuttle is in a certain position, so yea just don't lose it. ;)

Yes I think that pulling that cover it will become a little more clear on how the shaft and seals come out.

Gwizz

Equipment
l3600dt-gst
Nov 17, 2014
southern oregon
thanks, i was able to get it apart and have the clutch housing removed and setting down on the floor and will be moving it to a bench. i see from the back side the bearing plate that is bolted on holding the various shafts in place ( not the propeller shaft ) without getting up on the bench yet it looks like i might need to remove that bearing plate and some of the shafts to gain access to the seals on the propeller shaft. will they lift out as a cluster or will it all come out in pieces if i remove the bearing plate? or is there enough room to deal with the seals, Orings, sleeves and such with all that still in place ( that would be nice) do the seal get driven out the front or back or one from each side?

here is a pic of the housing and the bearing plate i mentioned

also you may notice there is no cam clutch part on the end of the pto shaft and the spring is hanging over the end of the shaft. it seams the snap ring or circlip that holds the clutch on the shaft has gone AWOL allowing the clutch half to slide back when trying to disengage the pto. the groove in the end of the splined shaft looks ok, no obvious rounding or damage so not sure why it went away, it must have broken in a couple of pieces and then just fell off. also i can not find the parts of that clip i hope it ended up in a filter and not stuck in some valve or passage to cause problems down the road. or maybe i will find out that is what took out the seals on the propeller shaft? does this clip break often? seams like there should not have been much pressure on it. if someone ( we host interns ) engaged the clutch under power could that have cause the clip to break? i want to prevent this from happening again.

also while am am this far into this thing is are there any other parts i should replace in a preemptive attack. i plan on replacing all Orings and seals but is there something that is likely to go out and should be replaced while it is open.

what do you recommend for the ( 3 bond 1208d ) sealer. should i just get what ever the kubota dealer is selling or is there a cheaper source for a quality product?

diggerbob

Feb 10, 2015
barnhart
seals all come out from front of transmission .watch when pulling propeller shaft out for collar on shaft behind bearing. also should be a coupler for rear of shaft that may come out with shaft or drop inside of tranny. which then you will need a long magnet to grab it! ask me how I know....:eek: