L3600 Block Heater port location

sshev

Sep 10, 2010
Storm Lake Iowa
I just bought a '97 L3600 with a Westendorf loader that I plan to use for snow removal. I'm in NW Iowa and temps get down to -20 and sometimes even colder, so I'm worried about getting it started in very cold temps. I don't have a heated place to store it. It currently has no block or hose heater installed. Kats model 11409 block heater is listed as fitting the L3600 and indicates installation location is "right front" and "threaded port". The Kubota part number I find is 70000-00297. I took off the side covers and nothing that looks like a threaded port is obvious, at least not to me. If there is a port designed for a block heater on this engine (V1903), I'd much rather use that than a frost plug heater. So my questions are: 1)Is there a threaded block heater port on the V1903 engine in a L3600 ? 2)if yes, where, specifically is it located? 3)is there any good reason to spend twice as much for the Kubota block heater over the Kats...they are both rated at 400 watts. 4)is a circulating tank style heater an option.

thanks in advance

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Just park my tractor in the barn warms up fine its 81 degrees today ahh I love winter time , the sunrises this time of year are spectacular. Calif farming

Attachments