L355SS 3-point & box blade

David-in-OK

Equipment
L355SS, brush hog, box blade
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
I tried to use a box blade on my 3-point to level out bumps and ruts on about a ½ acre plot. It doesn’t stay level. As soon as it starts to load up it starts to raise up. How can I get it to stay put?

David-in-OK

Equipment
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
I carry a few hundred pounds of chains. I'm thinking about welding a carryall frame on top of it for even more, but this has been working for me.
I wonder if I should take the hooks out? I tend to pick up a lot of twigs and small sticks. I had this area cleared 2 years ago.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
You need to adjust the top link also. The extra weight will help but you’ve probably got the top link too long. Shorten it and see if it doesn’t smooth better.

Reactions: 1 user
Sep 3, 2022
America
You need to adjust the top link also. The extra weight will help but you’ve probably got the top link too long. Shorten it and see if it doesn’t smooth better.
If you're doing a lot of earth work a hydraulic (top and lift arm leveler links) will also be useful. I'm looking at the hydraulic top link. I'll be doing a lot of yard leveling this fall. There are several good videos on box blade usage as well. I link one here.

Reactions: 1 user

David-in-OK

Equipment
Aug 2, 2020
Oklahoma
My top link attached to my top cylinder