L35 Third Function

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Today I (almost) finished the valve installation for the L35 third function. Here's where I've left it. You can see the new control lever and capped off hose connections. The lever can be removed by unscrewing it. It'll need some adjustment for length and position, but until I have an implement that needs it, I'll remove and store it. I did test it by swapping the bucket hoses to the new section. Works fine, and the new section definitely doesn't have regen action.
View attachment 87433

I did this in two parts - first modifying the valve and mounting plate and then figuring out the linkage.

Here's the linkage with the cover off
View attachment 87434
I added a tab and 3/8 rod for the crank to pivot on. It barely clears the joystick linkage. It could have been mounted lower to give more clearance, but I was concerned with weakening the cover when it was trimmed, since it supports one end of the joystick pivot.

You can see where the support plate was extended with two tabs for the longer valve. I used the section from the valve I bought that doesn't have port reliefs. I think the top relief would have interfered with the cover. I made a minor error on the new, longer tie rods. There are 2 - 5/16 NC and 1 - 3/8 NF thread tie rods from the factory. I didn't notice and threaded them all NF, but there aren't any leaks so it must be ok.

I'll add a few pictures on another post.

The advantages I see are no additional hoses etc. to snag, lower cost, and no electrical wiring. The chief disadvantage is an additional stick vs push button convenience.
Your "additional stick" 3rd function appears to be almost the same as the (OEM?) 3rd function on my 2006 L48 TLB.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Your "additional stick" 3rd function appears to be almost the same as the (OEM?) 3rd function on my 2006 L48 TLB.
Interesting. I don't see it as an option on the TL1150 parts diagrams, but apparently 2 different control valves were used. Could have still been a Kubota after-market.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
Interesting. I don't see it as an option on the TL1150 parts diagrams, but apparently 2 different control valves were used. Could have still been a Kubota after-market.
Yes: I suspect that in 2006, mine may have been a dealer installed Kubota supplied accessory.
Uses a hyd. diverter valve.