L345DT hyraulics slow when warmed up

1985L345DT

Feb 9, 2012
Harlingen, Texas
I have a new to me 1985 L345DT. We installed a 1720 loader and everything seemed to work fine until the loader is used (raised -lowered a few times). It gets slower and slower and stops. The three point does the same thing.

We flushed the hydraulics, rebuilt all cylinders and replaced hoses.

The filter was cleaned and new oil (kubota) installed twice. I think my pump may be worn.

My dealer wants $1098.00 for the pump! Anybody know if another model pump will work? Aftermarket?

Any help would be appreciated

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
Does your loader use the pump mounted on the side of the engine or does it have a pump mounted on the front of the engine under the radiator?

al b

Equipment
l345dt, l48, l2550dt
Feb 15, 2012
Ct
On the right mine has 3 pumps in a row, Fuel injector pump, behind that is the Hydro pump for the 3pt and in your case the loader( I have a separate pump in front of the engine for my loader) and the power steering pump. The parts manual shows parts to repair them. Have you done any texts yet? I put a pressure gauge on the line going into the loader valve. Mine too was slow. At idle it would not move give it half throttle it would move slow and full throttle it was OK. Turned out to be the PO had put the wrong fluid in it. I can't remember what brand I replaced it with but I think it was Walmart and it got better then I did it again and it got even better. I think I flushed it 3 times. You said you used Kubota fluid so I don't think you have the same problem I had.Although you might benefit from a different brand.

Last edited: