L345DT hyraulic fluid in oil

ScottDR

Equipment
L345DT
Apr 22, 2021
SW Ontario, Canada
Hello all,

My apologies if this is covered before but I've tried searching the site. My old tractor has hydraulic fluid slowly getting into my oil (definitely not antifreeze or diesel). The oil level has always slowly dropped and I'd have to add a bit from time to time. It now goes up at the same rate (and my hydraulics pump makes a bit of noise when raising the bucket). Plus a sample from the slow rear main seal leak does show clearish fluid separating from the oil, matching the Kubota hydraulic fluid.

Does anyone know which seals I need on the pump? I will be replacing the seeping o-rings at the inlet and output lines while I have it off of course. I'm on a chromebook so apologies as I can't seem to post the exploded parts view! It's a Canadian L345DT and I can see the exploded diagrams here: https://kubota.ca/parts-finder. I'm fairly mechanicaly inclined and it's easy to get to so I'd like to do it myself. But any help on which seals I'd need would be very much appreciated!

Best,

Scott

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Hello all,

My apologies if this is covered before but I've tried searching the site. My old tractor has hydraulic fluid slowly getting into my oil (definitely not antifreeze or diesel). The oil level has always slowly dropped and I'd have to add a bit from time to time. It now goes up at the same rate (and my hydraulics pump makes a bit of noise when raising the bucket). Plus a sample from the slow rear main seal leak does show clearish fluid separating from the oil, matching the Kubota hydraulic fluid.

Does anyone know which seals I need on the pump? I will be replacing the seeping o-rings at the inlet and output lines while I have it off of course. I'm on a chromebook so apologies as I can't seem to post the exploded parts view! It's a Canadian L345DT and I can see the exploded diagrams here: https://kubota.ca/parts-finder. I'm fairly mechanicaly inclined and it's easy to get to so I'd like to do it myself. But any help on which seals I'd need would be very much appreciated!

Best,

Scott
I have not looked at the parts diagram but OTTOMH the only route to the crankcase is via the shaft seal.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user