L3430 with LA723 loader - hydraulic fix

cartx99

Equipment
Kubota
May 23, 2021
Texas
I have a new to me L3430 that is leaking badly from the front loader hydraulics. I was planning to take the cylinders off and have a local hydraulic shop rebuild them. However, one of them might be bent and that could cause issues with a rebuild. I have noticed new aftermarket hydraulics for a few hundred dollars and am thinking that might be a better way to go.

I would appreciate any thoughts on seal replacement/ rebuild vs new cylinders. Not sure if it is allowed or not, but any links to quality cylinders would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Let the local shop decide if they are bend. They may also be able to straighten them.

Aftermarket cylinders for a few hundred $ will not have much in the way of quality.

Also, finding an aftermarket cylinder with the length you need and the ends to fit is not usually a successful task.

Dave

Reactions: 1 users

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a new to me L3430 that is leaking badly from the front loader hydraulics. I was planning to take the cylinders off and have a local hydraulic shop rebuild them. However, one of them might be bent and that could cause issues with a rebuild. I have noticed new aftermarket hydraulics for a few hundred dollars and am thinking that might be a better way to go.

I would appreciate any thoughts on seal replacement/ rebuild vs new cylinders. Not sure if it is allowed or not, but any links to quality cylinders would be appreciated.

thanks in advance.
I have found the cost to rebuild cylinders of this size is usually as much as new cylinders. I have purchased these Prince WWX welded cylinders before and they are cost effective alternatives to rebuilding. They have cross tube ends and are generally straight drop in replacements for small loader cylinders. I just put a pair on m B1630 loader for just a little more than the cost of the Kubota rebuild kits and could not be happier. Surplus center carries them in a wide range of sizes and you should be able to find something very close to OEM for the loader on your L3430. Measure teh pin to pin length of the retracrted cylinder and the bore and stroke to find a replacement:

Prince WWX Hydraulic Cylinders (PDF)

Dan

Reactions: 1 user