L3302 for first tractor?

DDCD

Equipment
1964 MF135, L2501
May 8, 2021
Oklahoma
Granted I've only got 50hrs on it, but I've not put my tractor in H even once....what is the use case of putting it in H on a small hill?
Like the picture he posted. A long road run that you don't want to take forever on. I never use H either...but L and M are affected by lower HP as well.

Reactions: 1 user

PaulL

Equipment
B2601
Jul 17, 2017
NZ
Granted I've only got 50hrs on it, but I've not put my tractor in H even once....what is the use case of putting it in H on a small hill?
I have a B2601, but I think speed is about the same as the L in each gear. I mow in H quite often. On long stretches I mow as fast as I can without getting bucked off the machine. On the road (between locations) I run in H - I drive 10 minutes down the road to another stretch of roadside that I mow for a local community group. Even driving from my tractor shed to the garage - a couple hundred meters - I run in H. It's slow in M.

drumminj

Equipment
L4701, Mule 4010
Nov 4, 2021
TN
On long stretches I mow as fast as I can without getting bucked off the machine.
I'm picturing a rodeo cowboy on a tractor...is that about right? :p

Appreciate the insights...a long trip down the road (not pulling an implement) and mowing on flatter ground makes sense. Our property is hilly and has a bunch of ruts/terracing, so I can't even go full speed in M when mowing. Have some work to do to smooth things out, for sure!

NWAZL3560

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, LA805 loader, BH77 backhoe, rock bucket, box blade, pallet forks
Jun 11, 2018
Mesquite, NV
You'll learn to appreciate the 1200 lb heavier L3560 over the L3302. I have the LA805 loader and the BH77 backhoe. It's a beast. I'd go for the BH92 backhoe if I had it to do over again for the longer backhoe reach.

TGKY

Equipment
L4701DT
May 24, 2018
US
I started with a used l3000dt and have 150 about half wooded acres. It’s time consuming but I managed that as crp and with food plots until last year.
I moved up to an l4701 dt with a loader in august. I would have like to have the mx but availability, price at multiple dealers and trailering ultimately led me to the 4701. Do I wish it was an mx5400dt. Yeah. Did I upgrade and still do the work I need to yep. I don’t disagree with any of the comments here related to weight, size and hp. Heck if money weren’t a limiting factor I’d have bought an Mx or M6060, new trailer and all new implements. Can’t argue with the fact that would have been a way better set up and saved me time.
In my case it was- I saw the market jumping in price of new, I had an offer on my current tractor and decided it was the right time to act. But it was not at a point where I could buy all the things I would have needed to go way bigger. That means I had to “settle” spec wise. I have not yet ran into a project on my land that I have not been able to do so in this case even though I wanted bigger I came out ok.

I would always advise to get one size bigger than you think you’ll need. If you can.

ScottHam

Equipment
Kubota L3560HST-LE 4WD; R4 tires; Armstrong Ag BRG-mini grapple; 1272 box blade
Jul 9, 2022
Texas Hill Country
Beautiful property. My place is also in the Texas hill country, and I'm in the process of buying my first tractor. I have received a lot of very helpful advice from the experienced folks on this forum. I am still leaning hard toward the l2501 given my expected uses and the excellent advice I have received. One thing is for sure -- I am really excited about getting and using this tractor! Good luck!

crimecrusher

Equipment
Kubota
Jun 23, 2022
Texas
Well, the L3560 is not available till maybe after the new year. I can get a cab L4060 but is out of my price range. So decided on the L3902...till till financing options jumped up. waiting for another month and see if I can get price down a bit more to compensate for financing options.

PortTackFarm

Equipment
L3560 LE (ROP's) w/ LA805 FEL, LP RCF 2072, BB2572 and WoodMaxx WM-8H
Jul 2, 2021
The Ville and The Farm (KY)
Well, the L3560 is not available till maybe after the new year. I can get a cab L4060 but is out of my price range. So decided on the L3902...till till financing options jumped up. waiting for another month and see if I can get price down a bit more to compensate for financing options.
Hope it works out for you, but guessing waiting won't save you any money. We bought this time last year and so glad we did. Don't think we could have afforded this year what we purchased last year with price increases and much less attractive financing options today.

fried1765

Equipment
Kubota L48 TLB, Ford 1920 FEL, Ford 8N, SCAG Liberty Z, Gravely Pro.
Nov 14, 2019
Eastham, Ma
You'll learn to appreciate the 1200 lb heavier L3560 over the L3302. I have the LA805 loader and the BH77 backhoe. It's a beast. I'd go for the BH92 backhoe if I had it to do over again for the longer backhoe reach.
My backhoe reach is 11ft., .....and I have often wished it were longer.