L3300DT Engine Reliability

Lobstadive

May 1, 2015
NH
I have an opportunity to purchase a 1994 L3300DT from it's second owner that's had it 13 years and upgraded to an L4600. It has 1296 hours on it and appears to be in very good condition in appearance and how it runs. All maintenance and service records seem to be in order and done regularly. My questions is this - when I search for comparable models online, I've found a couple around 2000 hours that say "bad engine". Is this more a result of them being abused or does anyone know of an issue with the engine that went into these model tractors? I think it's probably more that the others have been beat on but thought it was worth asking before dropping $10k. Thank you, Mike

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
My old neighbor had a 3300 and he put it thru some serious abuse at times. It was beat up from end to end but had been maintained well. It had close to 2K hrs on it when he moved and the tractor still ran great. It had a few small leaks but to my knowledge didn't burn a drop of oil. I can't see any reason if one has been serviced regular and had quality lubricants installed that you'll be able to get years of use out of it. My first kubota was a B7100 and when I traded it in on my L3000 it had just over 6K hrs. That little tractor is why I now have switched from IH to Kubota.

If it looks as good as it sounds I would think you have found a bargain.