L3240

pbeverly

Equipment
Kommander, L3240
May 4, 2021
Ridgeway, SC
I have an L3240 which was serviced last Fall, 2020. It now wants to stall. It loses it, I take foot off pedal and it recovers. Checked air filter, looks new. Clean fuel filter which seemed to fix the problem and now it is trying to stall again. I turned on Stall Guard, doesn't help.

Full use of tractor is new to me, though I have been using it off and on for several years and never had an issue. It belonged to my brother-in-law who passed away so I am the user now.

BobInSD

Equipment
L5740
Jun 23, 2020
South Dakota
Is your butt firmly on the seat? Mine scared me by behaving similaly, but it turns out I was leaning over to look at the tire when backing up so the safety switch was trying to save me. Whew.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
By all means check the safety interlocks - my seat switch was doing something similar on a brand new tractor. You might also want to get a bucket and check furl flow out of the tank and out of the filter. You could have some blockage in the tank itself. Just remember to bleed the lines when done.

Justasquid

Equipment
L4240HSTC
Nov 2, 2020
Michigan
My guess if cleaning the fuel filter fixed the issue for a period of time And now the problem has returned, it’s more than likely something in your fuel.

Is your fuel cloudy or can you see through it?
when you say clean the filter, do you mean you replaced it or just cleaned it?
how long did the tractor sit before you starting using it?

pbeverly

Equipment
Kommander, L3240
May 4, 2021
Ridgeway, SC
My issue was the seat safety switch. I disabled it and all is great now. The one I disabled is inside the seat. My son use to work at Kubota and said those switches have a tendency to be flakey.

Reactions: 1 user

skimmiller

Equipment
L3240
Jun 14, 2021
SC
My issue was the seat safety switch. I disabled it and all is great now. The one I disabled is inside the seat. My son use to work at Kubota and said those switches have a tendency to be flakey.
I own an L3240. I struggled with fuel problems like described here for a year. Flushed tank, changed filters, blew out all the lines and nothing worked. Finally I saw on a forum that someone who services these (I think he specified the L40 series) was always changing fuel lift pumps. It's a small pump attached to the injector pump that just provides a couple PSI of pressure going into the injector pump. It's a 2-bolt job to change it out. The Kubota one is $140 but aftermarket ones are available for $30-$40 online. I installed one of these aftermarket pumps and the thing now runs like a champ.

Reactions: 1 user