L3240 oil pan replacement

jebstuart

Equipment
L3240
Jun 29, 2010
Palatine,Illinois
Hi,

Ive got a new L3240 100 hrs that needs a new oil pan. I've ordered the pan , gasket, service manual, and parts manual yesterday and looked around this site for info but couldn't find L3240 specific.

Does anyone know the procedure for the L3240D ?

Do I need to undo the hyd steering lines when I remove the front pivot assembly to slide the axle forward. or is there enough to move it to remove drive shaft and couplers.

Do I want to remove front wheels or leave them on to roll front axle forward to remove drive shaft.

Some posts talk of two oil pan bolts that are difficult to access. Will I have problem

thx

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
Nothing tough about relacing the L3240 oil pan at all. remove the drive shaft to the front axle, then remove the pan bolts (no tough ones at all) then the pan will come right out of there.
Ed

jebstuart

Equipment
L3240
Jun 29, 2010
Palatine,Illinois
thx ed,
do I have to remove the front pivot of the axle or both pivots to remove driveshaft.

It looks like I separate drive shaft cover slide it to access roll pins on drive shaft couplers to remove drive shaft

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
You are correct. remove roll pins from both couplers then slide the couplers onto the center shaft and it'll all drop out for you.
Ed

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
My only near experience would be an L39 which is similar to this model. I had to drop the front axle part way to get all of the bolts out. I just loosened the axle support bolts enough to get some room to loosen the oil pan bolts with a swivel socket.