L3200

Speeddemon86

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
Hey guys first off I'd like to say hello and this is my first post on this forum. I'm competely new to tractor ownership and I went in today to look at a l3200. I've done a bit of reading on here and some of my questions were answered but it always helps to have answers directed to yourself specifically.
Some of the questions I have are... Will this machine be big enough for me to remove small stumps max size would be about 8" - 10" with the bh77 backhoe? I would like to use the machine for landscaping and snow removal. I don't have a huge property but it's covered in trees and I would like to do lots of landscaping. Any thoughts of this aspect would be much appreicated! I rented a kx41 mini excavator last year how can the strength of the backhoe attachment be compared to this?
Last topic is on the price side of things. I live in canada so maybe you guys can't help me out on the price side of things as things tend to be more expensive here.
Pricing is as follows... 2012 l3200hst tractor =16,158$
2012 la524 loader = 4788.00
2012 bh77 backhoe = 6800.00
I think I will be waiting until spring for the bh77. But how do those prices sound? Is there anyway to get it cheaper then that? I've read about gear drive vs hst and if it's cheaper I'd go that route.
Sorry for such a long first post but I'm a super tractor newbie and I want to make sure I get this right! Thanks a lot fellas! Any help us super appreciated!

searay

Equipment
L3200, GMC Yukon, rotary cutter, pallet forks, box blade, post hole digger.
Dec 28, 2010
Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Speeddemon 86 I'm located in Oshawa, Ontario and I was also new to the tractor world a year ago. I purchased an L3200 (2011 model) and here is a quick breakdown of what I paid from my dealer in Picton which is where I have a vacant lot:
L3200 with HST....................................$15,100
LA524 Quick Attach loader......................$ 3,900
Rear light, loaded industrial tires................$ 460
The only other charge was our 13% HST (tax).
I know I puchased April 30th of last year but I don't think prices have gone up that much.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
There has been at least one price increase since April of last year, maybe two,

Your current prices in Canada look about right.

The L3200 is a nice tractor.

searay

Equipment
L3200, GMC Yukon, rotary cutter, pallet forks, box blade, post hole digger.
Dec 28, 2010
Courtice, Ontario, Canada
Did you pay cash or did you finance?
0% over 48 months. If you do end up with this tractor get a B series ballast box from your dealer, they are worth about $225.00 and another $75.00 for concrete. This made the tractor much more secure, less tippy when moving with a full load in the loader.

Speeddemon86

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
Thanks for the advice! I'm ready to buy I just have concerns about the tractor not being big enough. I only have a few acres to landscape an plow snow but there's lots of stumps and a few small to medium size rocks on. Wish I could just try a couple out for a day each lol

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
As far as the stumps go your best bet is to rent a stump grinder and grind the stumps out that way. Alot faster and more effcient.

Speeddemon86

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
I've never tried a stump grinder but most the stumps I'd be dealing with would be 2"-6" in size. Some bigger but nothing more then 12". I rented a kx141 mini excavator and although a small machine I was super impressed with it's ability to take out big stumps and move large rocks. Can I expect similar performance with this tractor? Thanks

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I've never tried a stump grinder but most the stumps I'd be dealing with would be 2"-6" in size. Some bigger but nothing more then 12". I rented a kx141 mini excavator and although a small machine I was super impressed with it's ability to take out big stumps and move large rocks. Can I expect similar performance with this tractor? Thanks
The backhoe on the L3200 will handle that size stumps very easily. Rocks too.

We have 400 acres here and I end up using our smaller L3800 a lot more than out older, larger Kubota.

Bluegill

Equipment
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
Stump grinder is a great idea. Doesn't leave a big hole and a stump to get rid of. Just a small pile of stump mulch. :)

Speeddemon86

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
The backhoe on the L3200 will handle that size stumps very easily. Rocks too.

We have 400 acres here and I end up using our smaller L3800 a lot more than out older, larger Kubota.
That's good to know! Buying too small of a machine is my biggest concern. Nothing worse then having a job to do and not having the right equipment to do it!

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
Well it sounded to me the only reason you wanted a backhoe was just to dig out the few small stumps. I figured you could skip the backhoe save a few thousand dollars and spend a few hundred bucks renting a stump grinder.

Speeddemon86

Aug 28, 2012
Canada
Stumps are only one reason I'd like the backhoe. Some of the ground is hard clay and I don't think a fel would dig it up very well. Also some landscaping jobs would be easier with a backhoe I think.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
The L3200 should be plenty big. The 3800 just has more horses, but you really don't need them unless you want to run a big tiller or bush hog, or pull something fast through the ground. I had to slow down a fair number of times with my 5' bush hog on the L185, right down to 1st, - with the L3200 I generally stay in 4th and 5th. I've found the FEL does a right proud job of landscaping.
The only thing I ever use the backhoe for is digging trenches, rocks, or trees. My backhoe only has a 7-1/2' reach, and will only dig a 6' trench, so using it for landscaping takes a lot of time - you get tired of the on-dig-off-move routine. But it is hell on rocks and I've had it for ages. Plants trees great! Wouldn't want to sell it.