L3200 Hydraulic Top and Lifting Link Addition

Waterguy

Equipment
L3200, brush hog,box scraper, rotary harrow, single-bottom plow, rotary tiller,
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
I would like to add a hydraulic top link and right-side lifting link. I have many questions. Is there a standard for farm equipment hyd. cylinders? Is there a preferred method to connect to the auxilliary block. (I have a loader.) I am thinking of splicing into the "To Implement" and "From Implement" lines and taking that to a dual handle monoblock Prince 4-way valve that has been converted to closed center. (Grainger Part 6W566). Am I even on the right track? I can use all of your expert advice. Thanks in advance for any help you might give me. Waterguy

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
I would like to add a hydraulic top link and right-side lifting link. I have many questions. Is there a standard for farm equipment hyd. cylinders? Is there a preferred method to connect to the auxilliary block. (I have a loader.) I am thinking of splicing into the "To Implement" and "From Implement" lines and taking that to a dual handle monoblock Prince 4-way valve that has been converted to closed center. (Grainger Part 6W566). Am I even on the right track? I can use all of your expert advice. Thanks in advance for any help you might give me. Waterguy
You need to contact Fit Rite Hydraulics.

I doubt that you will have much luck in finding a std hydraulic that will work properly for the side link. Lots of top links out there though. You DO NOT want a closed system control valve. Everything on these tractors has an open center system. Are you sure that you don't want to get the OEM setup? Yes a lot more money, but the whole install and finished product is quite a bit nicer and fits the tractor.

Go into the parts dept at Pauly, price out the system, if it is less than $939 then go with that, if it is higher than that, tell them that you will pay $939.
That is 15% off list and not really a bad price and waaaaaay better than ANY after market setup. That price has one of the remotes with the float function, you want to have at least one of the valves with the float function.

Trust me. ;)

Waterguy

Equipment
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
Thanks for your speedy reply. I went to Pauley (Escondido) and they quoted me close to $1200 and that didn't include the labor of +/- 4 hours or hoses. I took some photos of a larger tractor with top and side hydraulic cylinders and it was a very simple installation with the valve mounted on a plate then to the ROP. That is why I started to look elsewhere for parts. I would like a dealer mounted unit, but that was a bit too pricy for me. Also, on the valve, when it is closed to center position, doesn't that prevent any movement in the cylinder? I am just getting into them and obviously need a lot more education. Anyway, thanks again for your input. I will seriously consider it.
Larry P.

Waterguy

Equipment
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
P.S. - I just went to the Fitrite site and it looks like it could be very useful. Thanks again for your help and time.
Larry P.

MtnViewRanch

Oct 10, 2012
Lakeside Ca.
Yeah, Pauley is very proud of their stuff. :eek: I guess that maybe I am mistaken about the OEM setup. I thought that the valves were down under the seat and that the levers came up between the seat and the fender. :confused: I wonder if they are installing a none Kubota system? I know that they DO NOT use Kubota top and tilt cylinders. They use Gearmore stuff and that might be the valve setup also. :( :confused:

Last edited:

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Kubota hydraulics generally are open center - the pump is always pumping, and the oil is always flowing. When you use a lever, it diverts the oil to the proper cylinder, and allows return flow from that cylinder. If you use closed center you block the flow of oil, and fairly quickly destroy your pump.
I had my dealer do my initial remote setup - it was a poor job. He took the hose from the FEL valve to the return manifold of the tractor and replaced it with a longer one that reached the back end. He mounted a quick disconnect there, and probably used the first hose to run back to the manifold. $500. You can do better. The QD set costs about $35, and the long hose maybe $25? Engineering must be expensive.
Your problem is mostly finding a place to mount the valve. There is surprisingly little space, when you try to mount a big valve. I couldn't find a small one.
This is what he gave me, and what I did with it. A dual valve would seem HUGE!!

Attachments

Waterguy

Equipment
May 19, 2012
Valley Center, CA
Thanks for your input. I am learning from each post. I believe the way to go about this is to see if P and T "beyond" ports are available on my FEL valve. I believe they are. I would then run hoses as protected as possible from the FEL valve to the dual 4/3 valve. I have seen dual valve mounted (very clean) on a metal plate (about 5/16" thick) attached to the right side ROP. This made it quite accessible and then the hoses, with quick disconnects drop down to the cylinders. THanks again for you input. PS - My sister lives in Spokane. It is a beautiful place.
Larry P.

seanbarr

Equipment
B7100DT (sold) - Branson 3520H
Feb 1, 2013
Deer Park, WA
Kubota hydraulics generally are open center - the pump is always pumping, and the oil is always flowing. When you use a lever, it diverts the oil to the proper cylinder, and allows return flow from that cylinder. If you use closed center you block the flow of oil, and fairly quickly destroy your pump.
I had my dealer do my initial remote setup - it was a poor job. He took the hose from the FEL valve to the return manifold of the tractor and replaced it with a longer one that reached the back end. He mounted a quick disconnect there, and probably used the first hose to run back to the manifold. $500. You can do better. The QD set costs about $35, and the long hose maybe $25? Engineering must be expensive.
Your problem is mostly finding a place to mount the valve. There is surprisingly little space, when you try to mount a big valve. I couldn't find a small one.
This is what he gave me, and what I did with it. A dual valve would seem HUGE!!
Was Adam's Tractor the dealer?

I'm in Spokane as well, more specifically, Deer Park.

gpreuss

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3200DT w/FEL, K650 Backhoe, 5' Rotary, 40" Howard Rotavator, 6' Rhino blade
Oct 9, 2011
Spokane, WA
Was Adam's Tractor the dealer?

I'm in Spokane as well, more specifically, Deer Park.
Sorry about the huge delay - I've been out of internet service for a month during an ocean-going tow.
Yes, Adams tractor is the dealer, and I'll say nothing else bad about them. For thirty years they have been great folks - always knew me by name, and always helped. I got a good deal on my new L3200 from them. But the remote hydraulics was poor.