L3130-DT-F Periodic Shutdown

BRUCER

Equipment
L3130-DT-F 2003
Aug 6, 2021
Sanilac County, Michigan
Newbie to this forum. Tractor engine has run without even minor problems until two weeks ago then it suddenly quit. It will start and run for anywhere between 3 minutes and 3 seconds. Replaced the fuel stop solenoid without correction. Am in process of replacing the OPC timer. Hopefully my diagnosis is now correct. If that doesn't correct the problem I don't know where to go next. Will post her results of OPC replacement.

BRUCER

Equipment
L3130-DT-F 2003
Aug 6, 2021
Sanilac County, Michigan
Newbie to this forum. Tractor engine has run without even minor problems until two weeks ago then it suddenly quit. It will start and run for anywhere between 3 minutes and 3 seconds. Replaced the fuel stop solenoid without correction. Am in process of replacing the OPC timer. Hopefully my diagnosis is now correct. If that doesn't correct the problem I don't know where to go next. Will post her results of OPC replacement.
The OPC was the problem. Replaced it this A.M. and the engine now functions normally. Had I some way to test individual components I could have saved $$ and time lost. I am thankful that I didn't have to go deeper.

Saturn

Equipment
Kubota L45
Jul 31, 2021
SWPA
The OPC was the problem. Replaced it this A.M. and the engine now functions normally. Had I some way to test individual components I could have saved $$ and time lost. I am thankful that I didn't have to go deeper.
Always good to hear of a happy ending.
Always good when the original poster follows up with information to help the group.
Thanks
rob

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Kubota sells work shop manuals that cover most diagnostic steps and associated tests. Most cover a few similar tractors so be sure to get the correct one for your model if you’re wanting to get better diagnostics on your tractor. There are some online for free.

BRUCER

Equipment
L3130-DT-F 2003
Aug 6, 2021
Sanilac County, Michigan
Kubota sells work shop manuals that cover most diagnostic steps and associated tests. Most cover a few similar tractors so be sure to get the correct one for your model if you’re wanting to get better diagnostics on your tractor. There are some online for free.
I bought the L3130 WSM when I started having the problem. Perhaps in too much of a hurry but did not find a test for the OPC Timer Relay. Also did not find a parts guide for the 5 relays under the dash. Pretty much worked that out using trial and error. If I missed something in the manual perhaps someone can give me a page reference

Thank you Russell for your input.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
As BRUCER said - - - It's great that you came back to report your fix...

So often it doesn't happen.

Thanks.