L3130 3rd function advice.

Jake31

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
upstate
I have a L3130 with a backhoe and would like some advice on the best 3rd function kit to purchase and install, I don't see any listed for a 3130. I could use any advice on what other people have used in the past. Thanks in advance.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Wow, nice product and setup instructions
The videos should be required viewing for all of the Utube help wannabes. Just the facts - no tours of the house and garage or long winded and incorrect explanations about how things work.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I have a L3130 with a backhoe and would like some advice on the best 3rd function kit to purchase and install, I don't see any listed for a 3130. I could use any advice on what other people have used in the past. Thanks in advance.
If you have the standard loader valve mounted on the loader post its pretty generic. Mounting brackets and hose lengths are the main differences between models and your tractor is pretty close to a current L01.

1. You mount the 3rd function solenoid valve on the loader post next to the loader valve
  2. At the tractor hydraulic outlet block disconnect the loader valve power beyond hose and reconnect it to the P port on the 3rd function valve
  3. Run a new hose from the T port on the third function valve to the hydraulic outlet block on the tractor.
  4. Put the new joystick knob on the loader valve lever and connect the wiring.
  5. Mount two quick couplers on the loader boom and use two hoses and quick couplers to connect them to the work ports on the third function valve
So simple a caveman.....

Dan

Jake31

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
upstate
I got one last year from Everything Attachments for a hydraulic angle plow fitted to my SSQA. It has not seen a lot of use yet, but it does work as advertised and the install was reasonably painless.

Product Code: TRA-3RD-FUNCL - $837.00

Install video

https://www.wrlonginc.com/help
Joe, Thanks for the wr long info. I have a backhoe attachment with different hose configuration and the video didn't show how to run the hoses. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Joe, Thanks for the wr long info. I have a backhoe attachment with different hose configuration and the video didn't show how to run the hoses. Any advice would be great. Thanks in advance.
Very little difference. All you do is insert the 3rd function valve in the power beyond feed to the backhoe.
  1. Remove the hose that currently connects the PB port on the loader valve to the backhoe quick ccoupler.
  2. Mount the 3rd function valve to the loader post as shown in the video
  3. Connect the PB port on the loader valve to the P port on the 3rd function valve
  4. Connect the T port on the third function valve to the backhoe quick coupler.
Dan

Jake31

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
upstate
If you have the standard loader valve mounted on the loader post its pretty generic. Mounting brackets and hose lengths are the main differences between models and your tractor is pretty close to a current L01.

1. You mount the 3rd function solenoid valve on the loader post next to the loader valve
  2. At the tractor hydraulic outlet block disconnect the loader valve power beyond hose and reconnect it to the P port on the 3rd function valve
  3. Run a new hose from the T port on the third function valve to the hydraulic outlet block on the tractor.
  4. Put the new joystick knob on the loader valve lever and connect the wiring.
  5. Mount two quick couplers on the loader boom and use two hoses and quick couplers to connect them to the work ports on the third function valve
So simple a caveman.....

Dan
Thanks for the information, the hydraulic outlet block has three hoses I'm not completely sure what they are. could you clarify which port is which. thanks in advance. Do you have a preference for a kit?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks for the information, the hydraulic outlet block has three hoses I'm not completely sure what they are. could you clarify which port is which. thanks in advance. Do you have a preference for a kit?
I cant clarify because I don't know that tractor but your owners manual should have a picture/diagram. There are three ports - pressure out, pressure return, and tank return. If youhave a backhoe you won't be messing with any of them - see my earlier post on that detail.

These kits are all very similar. Unless the kit is made specifically for your model tractor and loader the only real difference is the joystick knob. Some have a rocker switch, some have two push buttons,, different shapes and switch locations, etc. Pick the kit that has the handle you like best.

Dan

ferguson

Equipment
L3130
Jan 19, 2022
w.v.
Also have a L3130 just install a Summit third function kit/ just had to modify the front quich cupler bracket / just a small "L" bracket on the back side/ will get you picture (will be a bit recovering from spinal neck surgery) pic. of UHMW plastic hose brackets / was a sinch install / took longer to make & install the hose brackets then the kit & the people at Summit are great spoke with them 2 times before buying kit /have thrown out all the paper work & there web site dose not have a order history not sure what kit it was & dont want to tell you the wrong one / I have a L723 loader / they rrecommended the next size larger kit it hase longer hoses dont know much shorter the other kit hoses are but these are just fine for my loader / The second time i called them the guy said the only difference in that group of kits is hose size & berackets

Attachments

Jake31

Equipment
Apr 1, 2022
upstate
I cant clarify because I don't know that tractor but your owners manual should have a picture/diagram. There are three ports - pressure out, pressure return, and tank return. If youhave a backhoe you won't be messing with any of them - see my earlier post on that detail.

These kits are all very similar. Unless the kit is made specifically for your model tractor and loader the only real difference is the joystick knob. Some have a rocker switch, some have two push buttons,, different shapes and switch locations, etc. Pick the kit that has the handle you like best.

Dan
Thanks Dan, sounds good.

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Thanks Dan, sounds good.
What would be nice is an affordable "basics" kit that had just the valve with subplate and a nice joystick knob and let the customer deal with the plumbing. Summit offers a couple that come close but not quite.

Dan