L3010 Tractor Won't Start

GaryM

Jan 2, 2010
BC
I was taking the battery out of the tractor for winter storage, and I arced my wrench from the positive to the battery tie-down (even though I KNOW I should have taken the neg off first!) Sparks flew and I thought I might have blown a fuse. I tried to restart it and it wouldn't turn over. I checked the slow blow fuse, and all the instrument panel fuses, and all were good. The glow plug light, the flashers and the signals all worked. Is there some hidden inline fuse or a reset button that I don't know about? Is it possible that I've blown my neutral switch solenoid or fried a wire? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
I just cannot see that causeing a no start condition. When you shorted it, the current came from the batt to ground, none of it would have gone thru the wireing or harnesses. Recheck your batt connections.

KubotaTech

Equipment
None- I get to play with everyone elses stuff
Apr 1, 2010
PA
First thing you can try is to put a jumper wire from the pos batt cable to the starter energize wire (small wire at the starter) If it cranks over, you know your starter is ok. That can at least rule that out.