L3010 not starting..no click ..nothing ?

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
I went out this morning the same as any other time and started my tractor without any issues, plowed snow and put the tractor back in the building when finished. I went down this afternoon to get it out, turned the key ahead and waited for the glow plug light to go out and turned the key but nothing happened. Dash lights come on, headlights and aux worklights all come on bright but it wont attempt to start. My first thought was I didnt have the clutch pushed in the whole way but that wasn't it, so I took the battery terminals off and the ground for the battery going to the tractor and cleaned them all, took off the positive going to the starter from the battery and it was clean.
I then took jumper cables and went from the positive battery terminal and toughed the stud on the starter and it doesn't even spark, but if I touch the tractor loader or any metal it will spark. I checked the 40 amp fuse in the positve line and it appears ok, all fuses in the small console by the clutch pedal seem ok too...I'm stumped :confused: Wondering if it could be the starter seized up? I tapped the silonoid but didn't help, tapped the starter, same outcome. Anyone have any insight? I'm wondering safety switch but don't know where to find it and how i'd check it. I've never had so much as a hiccup regarding starting with this tractor until this afternoon

Last edited:

brokersdad

Equipment
2001 Kubota L3010 w FEL
Oct 24, 2009
Canada
Interent can be a wonderful tool! I kept searching and I saw a post on another forum and they mentioned PTO. I was using the snowblower this morning and remember disengaging the PTO before i stopped, but when I went and looked the lever didn't quite go back into the slot to make the connection to tell itself it was turned off. That was my problem :)