L3010 HST leaking fluid……maybe filter?

wendol

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST
Feb 5, 2014
North Tx
I've noticed a slight hst fluid leak.

I can't determine the exact origin of the leak, but it appears to be near the Hyd filter (HHTAO-37710). However I'm thinking if it was the gasket on the filter it would drip from the lower part of the filter (horizontally installed).

It appears to be seeping from some source and eventual dripping off the lowest point of a hyd line.

Any thoughts on the possibility of a filter leaking or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

dmanlyr

Equipment
L3200, Hustler Super Z
May 30, 2012
Graham, WA
All you can do is clean it off well and check it to see where it is coming from. It could be the filter, or it could be a gasket, o/r or line. lots of stuff under there that is fairly exposed.

The filter is easiest to replace, and you could start there, but again with out a though cleaning and then watching it to see where it is running down from not sure that will do anything for sure other than cost you the price of a filter.

They do make dye that can be put in the fluid to show leaks much better. many times wrapping lines with white paper towels will show which way the leak is coming from.

David

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
What ever you do, do not check for a leak using your fingers. Use a piece of paper or something similar. Hi pressure oil and skin don't mix;)