L3010 3 pt lift bypasses at full lift

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
I have a new, to me, L3010 with 1200 hours on it. I've noticed that my 3 pt lift works normally at all heights, but if I put my lever in the full-up position the hydraulics seem to go into bypass mode. You can hear the hydraulics bypassing and the engine labors once the lift reaches the top position. If you drop the lever maybe an inch, the lift stays up and the bypass noise goes away and so does the extra engine load. Any idea what may be wrong? It sounds as if the lift if binding before it reaches full height, but it appears that it is able to travel up and down without any issues.

Joe

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
I have a new, to me, L3010 with 1200 hours on it. I've noticed that my 3 pt lift works normally at all heights, but if I put my lever in the full-up position the hydraulics seem to go into bypass mode. You can hear the hydraulics bypassing and the engine labors once the lift reaches the top position. If you drop the lever maybe an inch, the lift stays up and the bypass noise goes away and so does the extra engine load. Any idea what may be wrong? It sounds as if the lift if binding before it reaches full height, but it appears that it is able to travel up and down without any issues.

Joe
You need to adjust the feedback rod. The procedure is described in the Workshop Manual.
There's a free download at Kubotabooks. There are several parts to that model, so you may need to search a little.

Reactions: 1 user

JoeR

Equipment
L3010 HST with Loader
Mar 7, 2023
Stokesdale, NC
You need to adjust the feedback rod. The procedure is described in the Workshop Manual.
There's a free download at Kubotabooks. There are several parts to that model, so you may need to search a little.
Well that was it, exactly! Only took a second to adjust it.
Thanks!
Joe

Reactions: 1 user