L295DT Hydraulics not lifting front or 3 point

Radarshop

Equipment
Kubota L295DT
Feb 27, 2024
Rdrshp#500
Bought a year ago parked it in August with loader and 3 point in down position. Oct started it up and have no hydraulics or noise. Not sure where to start.
Checked oil level and its good. Planning on draining all oil and cleaning filters.
Is there more than the one pump on side of engine?
Any good places to buy O rings and seal kits?
Waiting for the ice to melt today and some warmer weather. Wish I would have parked it in the garage now. Its stuck with everything lowered.
Thanks
Ed in Washington State City Olalla

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
Bought a year ago parked it in August with loader and 3 point in down position. Oct started it up and have no hydraulics or noise. Not sure where to start.
Checked oil level and its good. Planning on draining all oil and cleaning filters.
Is there more than the one pump on side of engine?
Any good places to buy O rings and seal kits?
Waiting for the ice to melt today and some warmer weather. Wish I would have parked it in the garage now. Its stuck with everything lowered.
Thanks
Ed in Washington State City Olalla
Put the check book away and run a few simple checks before doing anything.

Disconnect the hose supplying the loader valve and put it in a clean bucket. Start the tractor - you shuild be getting a solid stream of oil. Dont run it more than 10-15 seconds with the hose disconnected.

My bet is you are not getting oil flow.

Dan

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There may be a separate pump for the FEL that is at the front of the tractor running off an extension of the engine crankshaft. That is a low probability though.

The local dealer will be able to get the parts based off the tractor serial number that is on a nameplate on the side of the tractor near the clutch or the brake pedals.

Parts lookup is available here. Be careful since Kubota also made a L2950 that will return with a search for “L295” but not if you search “L295DT”

If the seal is failing the engine oil level will be rising since the pump shaft is in the engine crankcase.

If you run a chain under the bucket to the tractor it should lift the bucket enough to move the tractor forward when you pull the tractor forward with another vehicle.

Get above 5 posts and then please post pictures of the control valve for FEL and how it is connected to the tractor (where is the pressure in hose connection?)

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
My guess is that the hydraulic pump lost prime. This can happen when the pumps get weak or you have a leak on the suction side of the pump. I would suggest you remove the screen on the right side of the engine under the hydraulic pump and clean it. Then remove the pipe that is attached to the filter from the top of the hydraulic pump. Pour some hydraulic oil into the pump turn the engine over a little bit pour a little bit more in. Bolt everything back together and try it. Also check the rubber hose that connects the two suction line steel pipes together. Sometimes those will suck air but won't actually leak oil. Good luck

Reactions: 1 user

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
My guess is that the hydraulic pump lost prime. This can happen when the pumps get weak or you have a leak on the suction side of the pump.
Or there is water in the supply line and its frozen. He did mention its been sitting outside and he is waiting for the ice to melt....

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Radarshop

Equipment
Kubota L295DT
Feb 27, 2024
Rdrshp#500
Put the check book away and run a few simple checks before doing anything.

Disconnect the hose supplying the loader valve and put it in a clean bucket. Start the tractor - you shuild be getting a solid stream of oil. Dont run it more than 10-15 seconds with the hose disconnected.

My bet is you are not getting oil flow.

Dan
Thank you. Hope it warms up a bit next week and stops raining for a week.

Radarshop

Equipment
Kubota L295DT
Feb 27, 2024
Rdrshp#500
There may be a separate pump for the FEL that is at the front of the tractor running off an extension of the engine crankshaft. That is a low probability though.

The local dealer will be able to get the parts based off the tractor serial number that is on a nameplate on the side of the tractor near the clutch or the brake pedals.

Parts lookup is available here. Be careful since Kubota also made a L2950 that will return with a search for “L295” but not if you search “L295DT”

If the seal is failing the engine oil level will be rising since the pump shaft is in the engine crankcase.

If you run a chain under the bucket to the tractor it should lift the bucket enough to move the tractor forward when you pull the tractor forward with another vehicle.

Get above 5 posts and then please post pictures of the control valve for FEL and how it is connected to the tractor (where is the pressure in hose connection?)
I need to fig out how to get photos off of my phone onto my computer. I only seen one hydraulic pump on the side the engine behind the injector pump. I have a service manual but doesn't show locations of parts, just shows how to rebuild them. Watching you tube for a couple weeks trying to see where the pump is. They call the part under the seat a high pressure pump too. Must be the translation not being clear.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I need to fig out how to get photos off of my phone onto my computer. I only seen one hydraulic pump on the side the engine behind the injector pump. I have a service manual but doesn't show locations of parts, just shows how to rebuild them. Watching you tube for a couple weeks trying to see where the pump is. They call the part under the seat a high pressure pump too. Must be the translation not being clear.
The part under the seat is the piston for the three point hitch. There is also some control valve and pressure relief valve in the same area.