L285 Starting Issues

txfirefighterhickey

Equipment
Kubota L285 w/ FEL
Aug 25, 2010
Prosper, TX
Hello all, got a problem here, seeing if anyone could help me out. I bought a 84' L285 a couple months back that was pretty rough looking, so i took it all apart and took the loader off as well. I primed and painted everything, finally got it all back together. Well now, tractor starts up and runs good but the lights and dash lights are giving me hell. The headlight are working, both on the hi and lo setting. All other lights are not working???? The Temp light, oil and chg light or the rear fender lights? Now since i painted everything thought i might have a ground issue cause everyhing was caked in paint so i scraped off all the paint and hooked it all back up but still nothing? Whats my problem here? THANKS

txfirefighterhickey

Equipment
Kubota L285 w/ FEL
Aug 25, 2010
Prosper, TX
So i did i fixed my lights issue, they are all working now, and yes it was a ground Problem, thanks so much Service Vic! Now the only thing that is not working for me is my temp guage? With the tractor running for a while it does not move up above Cold and than when you turn the tractor off it shoots all the way up to past Hot. I think im going to go to autozone or something and get me a mechanical guage? Thoughts?

steve01

Equipment
B7100D with a B219 loader, B3548 mower
Jun 30, 2009
Lake, Mi.
I changed all of my guages over and love it i'm sure you will to.

bruceatlam

Equipment
B20, FEL, box blade, flail mower
Aug 20, 2009
Camarillo, California
I installed mine in the upper radiatior hose. I bought a fitting into which I could install the temp sensor for the mechanical gauge then split the upper hose so I could install the fitting with simple hose clamps. Works like a champ --- it's a tight fit so be careful when you buy or fabricate the fitting.

thirtyacres

Equipment
L185
Apr 30, 2010
Nixa MO
I installed mine in the upper radiatior hose. I bought a fitting into which I could install the temp sensor for the mechanical gauge then split the upper hose so I could install the fitting with simple hose clamps. Works like a champ --- it's a tight fit so be careful when you buy or fabricate the fitting.

Anyway you could post a picture of the installed sensor?

Also, do you have a brand name and/or the place of purchase?

Thanks-----this is exactly what I need.