L2800DT PTO Cable

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
There was a problem with the PTO lever in the early production L2800DT which shortened cable life. It was corrected by a service campaign. which replaced the lever assembly and the cable. I don't know of any problems since. One thing though! you have to disengage the foot clutch before engaging the PTO on a L2800DT! that tractor doesn't have a "live" PTO! (the L2800hst does effectively because of the operation of the hst but you still need to press the foot clutch to engage pto! Don't just rip it in! The overrunning clutch WILL fail!)

sonofliberty

Equipment
L2800DT w FEL
Jul 22, 2009
Houston, TX
Is depressing the foot pedal, the same as disengaging the clutch? So the foot pedal should be depressed before engaging or disengaging the clutch, right?

Does anyone have an exploded view that shows the cable? I got under my L2800DT and didn't see a cable, only a lever.

I am concerned about running my 5' tiller on this tractor.

My SN is 56601.

What updates should this tractor have? It is new to me?

Thanks.

eserv

Equipment
BX24, A1000 Kubota Generator
May 27, 2009
Hardisty, Alberta
From the PTO lever on the fender to the lever on the transmission case there is a cable. The PTO lever engages two gears in the transmission so it is not a clutch, you must use the main clutch to operate the pto