L2800 3 pt shutter

northman

Jun 12, 2012
Mi
Look at a nice nearly new L2800 with 160 hrs on it. Ran nice but when I lifted the 3pt up with a back blade attached it shook the whole tractor. Is there a problem there?

Eric McCarthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Kubota B6100E
Dec 21, 2009
Richmond Va
I know there's been complaints of a jerky 3pt on the L3800 tractors and as far as I can remember it was just a jerky motion on the lift not the entire tractor. Maybe do a search on the threads for a Jerky 3pt on the L3800 and see what you find. I think alot of the L38's went back to the dealer for a service recall.

Bluegill

Equipment
L3750DT Shuttle, L3800DT FEL both
Jan 11, 2012
Success Missouri
I know there's been complaints of a jerky 3pt on the L3800 tractors and as far as I can remember it was just a jerky motion on the lift not the entire tractor. Maybe do a search on the threads for a Jerky 3pt on the L3800 and see what you find. I think alot of the L38's went back to the dealer for a service recall.
Was more with the L3400 and less with the L3800. The jerky hitch can be found in all basic L models, but just a small percentage of the total number of machines out there. And only jerky when the 3 pt-hitch is raised very slowly. Some can live with it, some can't, some machine are also worst than others. It can be adjusted, but not all dealers are up to the task.

Northman, it's not a problem, just a condition and wouldn't stop me from buying the tractor. :cool: