L275 high rpm miss

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
History: I've had this tractor a little over a year now, when I first got it, the po showed me how he would start it. Little spray of starting fluid, glow plugs, and start. Now I thought that was crazy. But it is a VERY hard starting tractor without plugging it in unless its above 50* outside. Anyways, its always had this high rpm miss(about 2700 rpm, right where it runs for the 540 rpm pot speed). Well as some of you know, I ran a tank full of used, filtered atf through this thing, when it was running on the atf, it didn't have this high rpm miss, so I thought the fuel injectors and what not could be dirty n the atf was cleaning them out. I ran the tank of atf dry, than did a sevice( fuel, air and oil filters, and changed oil of too) filled the tank with new Diesel, and the miss is now back. What could be causing this? Is it because of the ultra low sulfur diesel fuel? I'm stumped here.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Start with a compression test. Low compression will cause a miss. I "think" compression is around 300 to 400 lbs, so make sure you don't use an automotive guage.

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
Sulfur additive?

Should I be running a sulfur additive in my fuel on this thing? I know it was kindof a lubricant for the fuel system.... could that be part of the problem...

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
thanks for all the help on this one.

Well I got it figured out. I bought some sulfur additive and dumped it in the tank, started it up, and it runs better now, no miss anymore.