L275 Dual Clutch issues

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
I have a L275, with the dual clutch, I rented it out to a good friend this summer. He put around 200 hours on it, there is almost 2000 hours total on the machine..

Well when I got it back from him, I noticed the clutch was a bit out of adjustment, so I started to adjust it at the linkage where it hooks to the peddle, If I pull back on the lever on the side of the trans bellhouseing, it maks a "click, click click" sound. so, I cant get the clutched adjusted enough to get the pto stage of it to release.. Is there something I'm missing here?

hav24wheel

Equipment
L275
Oct 13, 2009
ND
Well I've greased the bearing and it seemes to move as it should, so I think he might have smoked my clutch.

Goood thing I got some $ from him for rent. N from what I see, it will be enough for all the clutch parts.

pat331

Equipment
L35, mower, bushhog, cement mixer, grader, boxblade, forks, posthole digger
Mar 31, 2009
Ft. Worth, TX
I agree with Vic. I try to never lend or borrow anything. I do have a co-worker that is a better mechanic/bodyman than I. He & I car-pool together. We loan/borrow our tools and help each other out. Because I have a lot more tractor time than he does, I usually run my tractor to accomplish whatever he wants done. I think there is an old saying that says "neither a borrower or lender be" or something to that effect.