L2650 Front Axle Mechanical Ratio

Vanmark

Equipment
L2650
Jan 26, 2023
Looking to put a newer set of tires and rims on my L2650, manufactured in 1992. For sure, I want to do it right but am unable to find the front axle ratio for this model. I have asked for days and found this website. I am new here, since I just bought my first Kubota. Please help if you can.

PoTreeBoy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L35 Ford 3930
Mar 24, 2020
WestTn/NoMs
Looking to put a newer set of tires and rims on my L2650, manufactured in 1992. For sure, I want to do it right but am unable to find the front axle ratio for this model. I have asked for days and found this website. I am new here, since I just bought my first Kubota. Please help if you can.
This gets a lot of discussion. Here's a link to one with gear ratio for L models but, unfortunately, not yours,

If you can't get the information from Kubota, you could measure it yourself. Put your tractor in 4wd on a soft, straight stretch. Place a mark on a front and rear tire next to an index point on the tractor. Drive the tractor straight forward until the rear tire turns exactly 10 (or some number) times, while counting the number of times the front tire turns. Estimate the final fraction and add it to the front total. Divide the number of front turns by the rear turns. That'll give you the inter-axle rear ratio, which should be close to the rear/front rolling circumference. You want the fronts to lead by some amount, maybe 2 to 5%.