L2600 DT chocking down while running??

ken kinard

Equipment
L2600 DT
Nov 13, 2023
caldwell texas
I have a L2600 DT and it has started chocking down after it runs for 20 minutes to 3 hours. I have changed the fuel filter, this did not help. Any ideas what would cause this?

Smokeydog

Equipment
M59, B26 grapples, backhoes, tillers, graders, diesel atv
Jun 2, 2020
knoxville, Tennessee
Sometimes there is a screened port in the fuel tank that can be plugged. Look with strong flashlight. Dirt can fall off screen when not running and then re-accumulate when running. A simple siphon with wand can clean the bottom of the tank. Collected fuel can be decanted to reuse.
I would do the easy stuff first before messing with injection pump or injectors.

ken kinard

Equipment
L2600 DT
Nov 13, 2023
caldwell texas
Sometimes there is a screened port in the fuel tank that can be plugged. Look with strong flashlight. Dirt can fall off screen when not running and then re-accumulate when running. A simple siphon with wand can clean the bottom of the tank. Collected fuel can be decanted to reuse.
I would do the easy stuff first before messing with injection pump or injectors.
I already checked it and all is clean. Thanks for thinking about it and offering a suggestion. It seems crazy to me how it chocks out after running for a short time??

RBsingl

Equipment
Kubota F 2690 72" rear discharge deck, Deere 955
Jul 1, 2022
Central IL
Loosen the fuel cap and see if it runs OK. You may have a plugged tank vent causing it to draw a vacuum when running.

Rodger

ken kinard

Equipment
L2600 DT
Nov 13, 2023
caldwell texas
Thanks for all the input, it ended up being diesel algae. Drained the diesel and cleaned the fuel tank and all has been well since.

Reactions: 1 user