L2550 battery electrolite dash light

jaydavid

Equipment
kubota L2550
Nov 4, 2012
chattanooga
one final question. my tractor has a dash light to indicate when the fluid is low in the battery. however, i didn't buy a kobata battery since the little sensor addition was going to cost way too much. so now my light shines continuously. does anyone know how that fluid sensor worked? I've tried grounding the lead that would have plugged into the battery, as well as hitting it with 12volts positive and it has no affect.

while working with another electrical problem that required i disassemble part of the "dash" i thought it would be easy just to remove the bulb. my lands, there are half a dozen layers to that dash unit and i had enough problems just removing the top layer.

of course i can live with it but would like to understand what was being measured (of course liquid) and how without being an explosive hazard.

thanks

KHall72

Aug 25, 2012
Chester County, PA
Not quite sure what light you are talking about. Can you describe what it looks like? I've never seen a battery with an electrical Battery electrolyte indicator.

Maybe post a pic?

Sounds like maybe the charging system light

jaydavid

Equipment
kubota L2550
Nov 4, 2012
chattanooga
Straight from the operators manual, the icon looks like a battery and the description is: alarm for when the battery electrolyte level drops. lights up when the electrolyte level drops to the "low level".

The charging system icon is a lighting bolt and description is: alarm for when the electrical charge system is not functioning properly.

i will try to post a photo of the manual page, but not sure how this will work.

Attachments