L2501 seat adjustment?

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
Hello everyone, first post here. I just completed the paper work for the only l2501 hst I could find in my state - NM. The tractor is in a crate and should be ready for pickup next week. One thing I failed to look at on the dt at the dealer was a seat adjustment. Do these seats have the ability to slide back and forth or are they fixed in one position? I got the the tractor with a 54" box blade and 48" rc. The dealer recommended these sized implements for optimal performance. Any thoughts?

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
They do slide forward and back on a track . Guessing about 5 inches of travel.
The back is not adjustable for angle which I find to be uncomfortable . For me the back is reclined a bit too far. And to Be fair to Kubota I do tend to sit very upright not only on my tractor but also in my vehicles. Others may find the seat comfortable.

I am surprised your dealer recommended a 48 inch rotary cutter versus a 60 inch.

Last edited:

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
They do slide forward and back on a track . Guessing about 5 inches of travel.
The back is not adjustable for angle which I find to be uncomfortable . For me the back is reclined a bit too far.

I am surprised your dealer recommended a 48 inch rotary cutter versus a 60 inch.
I appreciate it. I’m new to the game so I took his word although It seemed like 60” was common. He said the 48 would spin faster and not bog in thicker brush.

ken erickson

Equipment
B7100 hst, 2650 front mount snowblower, L2501 hst qa loader
Nov 21, 2010
Waupaca Wisconsin
As far as spinning faster that would mean they use a different ratio gearbox on a 48 inch RC compared to a 60 inch. Which again would surprise me . Both cutters require 540 pto rpm.

I can say I pull a 48 inch King Kutter behind my little B7100 Kubota with about 13 pto hp and seldom do I think it’s too much cutter. Of course I listen to what the tractor is telling me and adjust my travel speed , or swath or cutting height.

Roadworthy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 HST
Aug 17, 2019
Benton City, WA
I bought my L2501 last July. It has no problem whatsoever with my five foot (sixty inch) King Kutter or my five foot United box blade. Both implements were used previously on a 45 year old Mitsubishi D2350 with no issues.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Dealers often don't have a clue. Get a 60" Rotary Cutter. I recommend stepping up from the base model to at least the RCR1860.

My dealer tried to talk me out of getting rear remotes and a Quick Hitch. Both are indispensable and I can do without the dealer, who I haven't communicated with after 1 month of owning the unit.

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
Dealers often don't have a clue. Get a 60" Rotary Cutter. I recommend stepping up from the base model to at least the RCR1860.

My dealer tried to talk me out of getting rear remotes and a Quick Hitch. Both are indispensable and I can do without the dealer, who I haven't communicated with after 1 month of owning the unit.
Looks like I'm stuck with the 48" now because all the paperwork has been complete and it was written up with a 48". Maybe I'll list it for sale and upgrade later on if I feel it's too small.

The hst model has 19hp at the PTO according to the specs. So really if you use the 5 hp per foot rule, you would need 20hp at pto for a 48 and 25hp for a 60. Seems like everyone is running 60s with ease though.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
I bought my L2501 last July. It has no problem whatsoever with my five foot (sixty inch) King Kutter or my five foot United box blade. Both implements were used previously on a 45 year old Mitsubishi D2350 with no issues.
Likewise I like the five foot King Kutter behind my 2501HST as it covers the tire track width. Only a few times that I eased back the ground speed with the treadle and bumped the throttle up...

If I mowed a lot of heavy grass, I might feel different but this year looks like a drought year already so I may only make a trip or so this year :(

Sparky73

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2018 B2650HSD
Apr 28, 2018
WA
Looks like I'm stuck with the 48" now because all the paperwork has been complete and it was written up with a 48". Maybe I'll list it for sale and upgrade later on if I feel it's too small.

The hst model has 19hp at the PTO according to the specs. So really if you use the 5 hp per foot rule, you would need 20hp at pto for a 48 and 25hp for a 60. Seems like everyone is running 60s with ease though.
You shouldn't be stuck with the 48" if you haven't taken delivery. If my dealer took that line, I'd just walk away from the whole deal and find a new dealer.

BigG

Equipment
l2501, FEL, BB, Rotary cutter, rake,spreader, roller, etc. New Holland TL80 A
Sep 14, 2018
West Central,FL
Offer to pay the difference in cost between the two mowers when the tractor is delivered. Then his paper work is done correctly for the loan and he can show it as traded in. There is no title to the mower and it can be sold as new just like a pair of shoes that were not worn.

If he will not work with you on something like that what is he going to be like if there is a problem with the tractor? Walk away if you can ie no down payment.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
I agree with Sparky. Tell them 60" or no sale and they will make the change. You would take a huge loss selling the 48". I guarantee there is another dealer who would have the paperwork done by the end of the day you call.

Eesquibel

Equipment
L2501 Hst
May 8, 2020
New Mexico
Offer to pay the difference in cost between the two mowers when the tractor is delivered. Then his paper work is done correctly for the loan and he can show it as traded in. There is no title to the mower and it can be sold as new just like a pair of shoes that were not worn.

If he will not work with you on something like that what is he going to be like if there is a problem with the tractor? Walk away if you can ie no down payment.
I appreciate the advice. Looks like I'm walking away from this deal. Its gonna cost me $50 more a month and a 200 mile drive. The additional 50 pm will get me 60" BB and RC. Quick attatch bucket and quick hitch for the back.