L2501 Hydraulics issue

Yz.Old.Owl

Equipment
Kubota L2501 tractor with bucket, bale spear, pallet fork, bush hog, and disc
Mar 24, 2024
Hocking County, Ohio
I bought this tractor for my birthday in 2020, so it's four years old now. It's four-wheel drive with manual shift. I use it to move hay for my little horses, for rough mowing, and just about everything else you would use a tractor this size for. It actually has only a bit more than 400 hours. We changed the oil and hydraulic filters etc. two months ago. Recently, it has developed some problems with the lift arms: the attachment rises very slowly (especially with a load), and lowers much too quickly! Am I looking at a hydraulic pump for it?

TheOldHokie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901/LA525, B7200DT/B1630, G2160/RCK60, G2460/RCK60
Apr 6, 2021
Myersville, MD
windyridgefarm.us
I bought this tractor for my birthday in 2020, so it's four years old now. It's four-wheel drive with manual shift. I use it to move hay for my little horses, for rough mowing, and just about everything else you would use a tractor this size for. It actually has only a bit more than 400 hours. We changed the oil and hydraulic filters etc. two months ago. Recently, it has developed some problems with the lift arms: the attachment rises very slowly (especially with a load), and lowers much too quickly! Am I looking at a hydraulic pump for it?
Lowering speed is controlled by the knob below the seat and has nothing to do with the pump. Clockwise for slower. Too far and it wont lower at all.

Lifting speed and power Is pump and relief valve related. PoBoys question about the loader needs an answer.

Dan

Reactions: 1 user

Matt Ellerbee

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX6000
Jun 27, 2019
Canton, Georgia
Are you talking about the front loader “arms” or the rear 3 point arms?

I can see some possible confusion in the replies.

Reactions: 1 user

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
What hydraulic filter did you install on the RH side and are you sure it is tight?