L2501 Fuel Filter Change

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
I changing my fuel filter on my 2501 this weekend. The tractor is a few years old and the filter has the all clear plastic housing. Is there a good YouTube video on how to do this? I found one video but the video quality was poor and was hard to tell anything.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
It is pretty simple. I changed mine. Just make sure to put the two o-rings on the filter.

Here is a better video. Go to the 3 minute mark for the fuel filter.

Brazos

Equipment
L2501DT
Jul 12, 2016
Texas
Thanks for the video. That one is much better. My concern was air in the lines and how to bleed them. Looks like that’s not an issue.

Nicfin36

Equipment
L2501 HST, BH77 Backhoe, SSQA Loader ZD1011 Mower
Jun 19, 2019
Decatur, AL
I don't think you have to worry about getting air in the line. I also thought the fuel would continue to run out when I unscrewed the bowl. I had a pair of locking needle nose pliers and pinched the fuel line from the tank, but I only think so much runs out and what I did was not necessary. I think it has a little valve that fills as the bowl is screwed back on. I noticed that when I screwed the bowl back on as the bowl started filling up.

My new filter did not come with o-rings, so I had to used the originals from the other filter. The little o-ring in the middle of the filter, you should be able to remove it by tapping the filter on a hard surface.

Overall, it was a very simple process.