L245DT, not sure its worth fixing

sbklf

Equipment
L245DT
Dec 29, 2019
Houston, TX
Took a chance on an L245DT-62455 with loader and shredder that had been sitting for about 5 years. Got it running and it leaks water from the front gear case area when it comes up to temperature. I had to remove the front axle bracket to see where the leak was coming from and revealed massive oxidation of the gear case due to dirt build up between it and the axle bracket. Pretty sure I will need a new gear case even if it is not the source of the leak.

As far as condition is concerned I would say it is poor. Lots of welding done and more to do on the loader, beat up hood, worn out attachment points...

-Had to repair the tach cable. It shows 1200 hrs, does the hour meter tabulate off of the tach or electrically when the key is on?

-What might salvage value be on this machine?

-Any sources for used parts where I might find a gear case?

Thanks, Kevin

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
There is a member here called 007kubotaguy (Lance). He has parts for the older tractors or may be willing to take the tractor for parts. You can contact him directly by personal messaging (PM) on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
-Had to repair the tach cable. It shows 1200 hrs, does the hour meter tabulate off of the tach or electrically when the key is on?

Thanks, Kevin
The tach is mechanical and runs off a long coiled cable and is prone to failure. I wouldnt rely on that hour meter being accurate.