L245DT Kubota

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Hi again Vic,

After renewing my steering column using your fantastic video (steering is still fairly hard though but I think it's because it has commercial loader on it) however, I noticed the left front wheel gearbox is leaking the 90# oil at the pivot point between the front drive and base of wheel driver (shaft goes all the way up through this area to the top where there is a bushing for the top pivot. I replaced that worn bushing 3 years ago, but then it started leaking the oil which it never did before. When I took it apart, I did not replace the "dust seal" at the pivot connection point, could that be the reason for the leak?

Should the steering be stiff/difficult with a loader on it? It is better when I get moving though. I was thinking of putting power steering on it, would that eliminate the hard steering problem?

Thanks ever so much Vic, I am on your website every day now that I joined the forum, lots of great people on it and superb help.

Thanks again,

Frank (quinka)

quinka

Equipment
L245DT with FEL and backhoe, B7100HST
May 6, 2011
Heflin AL
Hi Vic, thanks for the nice invite.

I found the problem with the front wheel drive while I was digging our burning pile of tree stumps. Took the tractor back to basement and started taking left front wheel apart, to my astonishment, 2 bearings on the vertical shaft disintegrated, ruined the top casting that holds the seal for the oil and other bearings were going as well. Went to local Kubota dealer (Beashers in GA) and ordered the casting and all the bearings and seals ($430.00 worth) yuk! Won't let that happen again! I hope to get it back together tomorrow. This is a rugged tractor and I have moved many a load of dirt with it. Steering is easier now that you showed me how to rebuild the steering column and the video of the box blade helped me alot, just the right weight for the offset of the loader.

I have told many people here about your website and several told me it is superb.

Now if I can only get the answer on the problem with my B7100HST transmission which I asked you for.

Thanks a bunch,

Frank