L245DT Fuel Leakage

Mnlc90

New member
Mar 2, 2019
4
0
1
Sterling Heights MI USA
I am getting a little bit of fuel seepage from the screw that I have circled. I tried tightening it, but couldn't turn it and I didn't want to force it. Can anyone recommend the correct way to fix this? I'm told I need to be careful removing this as I do not want air in the system.

Thanks for the help.

IMG_1746.jpg
 

Russell King

Well-known member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
8,019
3,157
113
Austin, Texas
I believe that is a valve to allow fuel out of the lines before the injector pump. You can snug up the larger hex and then hold it with a wrench and tighten (or loosen) the slotted hex with a wrench.

I think there is a copper sealing washer between them but you can verify that in an illustrated parts list.

If you loosen it expect fuel to flow from the tank to that bleed valve. Air will not get in unless you drain the tank completely so make sure you have quite a bit of fuel in the tank. Also don’t unscrew it too much unless you’re having to replace parts so the fuel doesn’t drain too quickly. I don’t know how fast the fuel would flow if you remove it completely but I imagine it would be faster than you like.
 

Mnlc90

New member
Mar 2, 2019
4
0
1
Sterling Heights MI USA
I believe that is a valve to allow fuel out of the lines before the injector pump. You can snug up the larger hex and then hold it with a wrench and tighten (or loosen) the slotted hex with a wrench.

I think there is a copper sealing washer between them but you can verify that in an illustrated parts list.

If you loosen it expect fuel to flow from the tank to that bleed valve. Air will not get in unless you drain the tank completely so make sure you have quite a bit of fuel in the tank. Also don’t unscrew it too much unless you’re having to replace parts so the fuel doesn’t drain too quickly. I don’t know how fast the fuel would flow if you remove it completely but I imagine it would be faster than you like.
Thank you!
This is consistent advice and I will give it a try, but with caution. I believe it is a copper washer in there and it looks like it can be replaced.

Thanks again.