L245DT/D1101 Serial Number Question

John RHR

Equipment
L 245 DT (emeritus) L3902
Oct 11, 2013
Lake County, Calif
Folks -

I have had my L245DT for years - it's been a good, if cranky, tractor. I may (*may*) be in a position to get a new L3902 in the next few months. More on that later.

So, one thing I need to find - is the darn engine serial number! I found the tractor data plate on the left side of the clutch housing, no problem. But for the D1101 engine - I am not finding a separate serial number. The Kubota site isn't helpful - is there another name for the D1101? I looked where I thought it was on what I thought was my engine and nothing.... I called my Kubota dealer and they didn't care. They said that they simply didn't know and brushed me off. My tractor is "too old".... Guess I better not tip my hand. The L245 is still somewhat of the NFG around here!

I went to the KubotaUSA site and sent them an email through their site a week ago, and did not get a response. Is the chassis number on the clutch housing tag the same as the engine number? If any of you have some input here, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance!

John Moorhead
Davebilt Company

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
I’m not sure but look above the injector pump for engine information stamped into the engines

whitetiger

Staff member

Equipment
Kubota tech..BX2370, RCK60, B7100HST, RTV900 w plow, Ford 1100 FWA
Nov 20, 2011
Kansas City, KS
Your engine model and serial number are stamped into the cylinder block right below where the fuel supply hose from the fuel filter connects to the injection pump. Right below the fuel bleeder plug.