Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Looks good, you really gona like them in the snow

WVUalum08

Equipment
2002 Kubota L3010
Apr 30, 2015
Kenna, WV
How did you attach the Light bars to the ROPS....i'm trying to determine if i should just use self tapping screws or come up with some kind of bracket.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WVu gawd it hurts to use those letters,,:eek:

Some guys have had good luck using heavy magnets, or double sided sticky tape,,,, I was not one of them,, others have simply built brackets out of heavy sheet metal. I used a mangled street sign that I found laying along side the road after being run over by a drill rig.
If you look around in here you will get a ton of ideas, and some are better than others. Some mount the lights on the sides of the ROPS some on top and others on the underside of the top of the ROPS. Using "U" type bolts to hold them in place,,, AND I WOULD ADD THIS,,, never never never thats like NEVER drill cut or weld on the ROPS.. Some do and I have seen the out come of modifying a ROPS on a piece of equipment, and it never been pretty

motmow

Equipment
L2350DT, JD 1070, L245
Jun 13, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
I drilled and tapped two 5/16 holes to bolt to. It's pretty flat here in Virginia and I don't intend on tipping my tractor over. If it does happen to go wheels up, I don't think to 5/16" holes are going to compromise the ROPS.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
motmow,, its your machine so you do as you please. Roll overs can and do happen even in the most unlikely of places. Since you have modified the ROPS, the company KUBOTA has no responsibilities in compensation should something happen to you or a loved one. What I think is that many people, and Im not suggesting that you are one of them, have a very limited understanding of the ROPS. Its not just a hunk of tubing that's bent over your head for looks.
They are highly engineered pieces of safety equipment, tested and each one or any mod done to them has to be approved by a PE. And they aint gona put their name on the dotted line if its not safe. Nor will a company open them selves to any sort or product liability if its not safe. At least not intentionally anyway. I only bring this to light as I have for most of my adult life enforced federal health and safety regulations. and it make my anal orifice PUCKER when I hear these kinds of thing,, like hearing,,,, it cant happen to me,, Sadly over 35 years, I have investigated too many fatal accidents where the ROPS has been modified in some way, I pray no one ever has to do this for you
So ends the morning gospel according to St. skeets ,

Last edited:

motmow

Equipment
L2350DT, JD 1070, L245
Jun 13, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
To clarify, I am not advocating that anybody modify there ROPS in any way shape or form. I only answered the question as to how I mounted my lights on my tractor that I operate. With a little luck, I will never have to test the integrity of my ROPS.

Trucksales

Equipment
Kubota L35
Jul 27, 2015
Montgomery, AL
Are they water proof? I have 4 point ROPS on my L35. Wonder how easy they would break when slapped by a low hanging tree limb? I use my 4 point to guard against limbs slapping me in the face while cutting close to fence lines and thick brush. I have mount brackets on the front and back of my ROPS, so it would be easy to mount and run the wires because already set up for lights.

motmow

Equipment
L2350DT, JD 1070, L245
Jun 13, 2015
Chesapeake, VA
Are they water proof? I have 4 point ROPS on my L35. Wonder how easy they would break when slapped by a low hanging tree limb? I use my 4 point to guard against limbs slapping me in the face while cutting close to fence lines and thick brush. I have mount brackets on the front and back of my ROPS, so it would be easy to mount and run the wires because already set up for lights.
The Lights are very well built and I was surprised how heavy they are. I set mine back a little so that they are protected by the ROPS. I think that anything can be broken depending on how big a limb you hit and how fast you hit it. Here is a link:

http://www.amazon.com/Signstek-Headlight-Waterproof-Dustproof-Shockproof/dp/B00FEE17X6