l235 hydraulics

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
Hi again. Iv have posted several times about Problems with my l235 but after changing the fel controls and cleaning the valve under the seat left side I Finnally have every thing working as it should. The only question I have left is about the noise it make when it just setting rhere. When you engage the hydraulics the noise goes away. Is this normal

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Noise when Idle is usually caused by a problem with the pressure relief valve, it's going into bypass.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
The bolt should be all the way in (bottomed) that's not what adjusts the pressure, it's the shims inside that do that.
look on page 55 Fig 155 and it will show what it looks like inside, pull it off the tractor and make sure nothing is in it plugging up the ports. ;)
You can pull the guts out and run it without the valve portion in it and see if the noise disappears too.

Last edited:

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
Ok thanks if ports are clean and with guts pulled out and the noise goes away do I need more shims or less. There is only two in it now

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
That step will tell us if that is the source of the noise.
Then we'll go from there.;)

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks Idaho, i pulled the guts out and it stop being noisy but has no pressure. i have noticed when i pulled the guts out, the the inner valve gate has a slot on the stem the that goes in first that looks it might supposed to have small seal but cant seam to find any diagrams that go that deep to see a seal on it. it may be just slotted to keep the shaft lube but don't know.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Nope no seal in there, what you see in the picture is everything.;)

How is the steering, you do have power steering right?
Does the noise change at all when to turn the wheel?

Attachments

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks again Idaho. sense i posted earlier today.I put the guts back in BUT i had noticed someone had put a about 1/16 washer between the cap and spring that wasn't shown in diagram on kubota.com so i removed it and to my surprise no noise at idle. good pressure front and back but the noise comes back as I raise the rpm's up. there is a little difference between the diagram posted by Idaho and on kubota.com. the only difference is the 2 shims are on the other side of the spring which is how i put it back. Its not equipped with power steering. so is it getting close to were it needs to be?

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
Sorry my bad, went back and looked at that diagram and it was the same as Idaho's so i have put the shims on the wrong side of the spring. I'll change them around in morning

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hello again, i switch the 2 shims around as the were supose to be this morning. then started it and let it warm up for about 15 minutes as its much colder than it was yesterday. its was back to beeing a little noisey but still the pressure seamed good front and back. at idle and activating the hrydraulics it goes quiet, at higher rpm's stays a little noisey but as far as the hydraulics they are working better than any other time that i've owned it

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
hello again, i switch the 2 shims around as the were supose to be this morning. then started it and let it warm up for about 15 minutes as its much colder than it was yesterday. its was back to beeing a little noisey but still the pressure seamed good front and back. at idle and activating the hrydraulics it goes quiet, at higher rpm's stays a little noisey but as far as the hydraulics they are working better than any other time that i've owned it
One other thing it could be is that the valve is just a little out of adjustment and is going over center and causing it to move a little fluid.
I'll check on adjustments tomorrow and get back to you.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
hi again, I repied on a old post instead this up to date one, anyway after I replaced the fel controls my l235 seamed better than it ever had been in the last year I owned it well at least that day. now it back to it old tick not wanting to lift if at all if just a few inches while the 3 point might take a few seconds to respond but still able to lift my brush hog high into the air. at the last point when I got off of it yesterday the loader and brush hog where both off the ground and didn't wouldn't to drop. the fluid is coffee cream color, half on the sight glass. iv had cleaned and checked the relieve valves and it gets a little better. one thing I did notice is that when working a little and lifting the fel if I try to roll the bucket the loader will drop.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I'm thinking your sucking air into the system.
Check the intake pipe, and have you changed the filter anytime recent?
I've see them have a bad seal and cause issues.
You might need to pull the intake pipe and replace the O-ring, also check the fitting on the end and the pipe for wear cracks or breaks.

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
thanks again wolfman. I pulled the intake pipe this last fall it had some surface rust but no pin holes that I could find. I sanded and repainted it. i bought this tractor last winter and she had the receipts for fluid change and filter in attempt to solve the problem. I rebuilt the pump due to the seals where gone. I too am wondering about the filter. the issues i'm looking at is 1. is that air or moisture whipped in the fluid. I changed the fluid once since I bought it and don't want to spend the money again till i have the problem solved. 2. if its moister does the filter have paper filtration which might have broke down and clogged it up and if it is moister how do i get it out because it went that color as soon as i changed it last time. i changed all the seals this weekend on the valve bodies under the seat on the left side but it didnt change anything. im going to buy another filter this week and check to see if that helps it. if the filter dosnt solve it i'll be pulling the tube and check what wolfman's talking about. I'll let yall know and get back with yall after. thanks again, you dont know how much i apprecated it

Last edited:

sherman

Equipment
kubota L235dt
Dec 7, 2013
newalla oklahoma
UPDATE i drained the fluid and flushed best i could and replaced the filter and every thing seems to working ok. had water in the system which must have plugged the filter. i read on another forum the a plugged air vent will cause water to get into the system which mine was totally plugged so bad had to take a screw driver to dig out the mud. i hope the water that i didnt get flushed in the system will evaporate when it gets hot but for now everything is good

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Wow, sorry I guess we were skipping around contaminated fluid being the cause.
I would plan on changing fluid and filter again when it warms up, might be good to run a couple of cheap universal hydraulic fluid changes threw it then go to the good stuff.
Yes the vent being plugged up will cause the system to suck in moisture every time it cools down, might be good to check the seals on the shifters too.