May 18, 2018
Texas
First-buy LED replacements….

daniel.ray77

Equipment
1976 Kubota L225DT
Nov 16, 2009
Salt Lake City, Utah
I own an L225DT as well. Fairly rare tractor these days. I inherited mine from my dad who bought it new in 77. How do you like yours? I"m trying to figure out how to drop the front axle so i can drill out a broken bolt on the pinion housing. Not sure how it comes out just yet.

GeoHorn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4700DT, LA1002FEL, Ferguson5-8B Compactor-Roller, 10KDumpTrailer, RTV-X900
May 18, 2018
Texas
That’s a good description Russell!

Although a different model Kubota….. I found the headlight lamp replacment taks to be onerous on my M4700DT also. The entire headlight has to be removed in order to figure out you actually do not have to remove the entire headlight….in order to figure out the lamp itself is a goofy one-of-a-kind design with no common automotive cousin.
The headlights on the tractor are ridiculously unworthy anyway…. they blind the tractor operator by lilluminating the back of the FEL bucket…. but even if the bucket is removed the damn things do not provide enought light to see anything in front of the tractor. To top that off…. the OEM lamps draw FIFTEEN AMPS…on a tractor with only a 40A alternator. Since the headlamps are in parallel with the tail-lights, clearance-lights, and hazard-flashers (as well as the intrument illumination lamps) the damn things require the majority of the charging-circuit output.
In order to gain useable illumination for night operations (such as simple mowing) I had to add L.E.D. lightbars which draw almost 20A.…which pretty-well wipes out any reserve capacity and doubtless will shorten the life of the alternator and perhaps also the battery.
Thanks to OTT participants I was able to change this sad state-of-affairs with a headlight substitution of LED lamps**…. which had the nice side-benefit of reducing bucket-glare as well as reducing amperage demands by 12 amps. Now I can operate all the lighting and remain below 75% alternator capacity.

**https://www.ebay.com/itm/124176093332