L225black wire from generator goes where?

SCVandy

Equipment
L225
Dec 31, 2013
Waverly, NY
Hi, newbie here, so thanks in advance. I melted the wires on my L225 from the ignition switch to the starter and a little beyond. I have replaced all the burned wires bit can't remember where the black wire coming out of the generator goes. It is part of a plug with a couple other wires coming out. I thought I had marked them well, but not this one. Any ideas? Also, what's the deal with those little fuses . . . Narrow strips of metal. Can they be bypassed with a thin wire? My headlights now don't work and two of the 3 fuses are broken. A teacher, not electrician, so little expertise here with me. Thanks.

Battered Sav

Equipment
L2000DT (L225DT) Tiller, Slasher, Finishing mower, Ripper, grader/ripper, PHD.
Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
I call it elec-trickery so I'm not much help.

Here's a wiring diagram, I hope that helps.

Can you get fuse wire over there?

Attachments

SCVandy

Equipment
L225
Dec 31, 2013
Waverly, NY
Thanks for the diagram - it worked. The wire went into the harness coming off the regulator, which I would never have noticed without the drawing. Still not sure what it does, but it's hooked up now and working. Still trying to find those 5A fuses on the box located on the dash. Fuse wires are on ebay from the UK. I guess they'll work so I'll order them now.
Thanks for the help!

lsmurphy

Equipment
B7001
Oct 19, 2012
Parrrottsville TN
Thanks for the diagram - it worked. The wire went into the harness coming off the regulator, which I would never have noticed without the drawing. Still not sure what it does, but it's hooked up now and working. Still trying to find those 5A fuses on the box located on the dash. Fuse wires are on ebay from the UK. I guess they'll work so I'll order them now.
Thanks for the help!

Freight from UK? for what again???????

Post link to ebay.

Battered Sav

Equipment
L2000DT (L225DT) Tiller, Slasher, Finishing mower, Ripper, grader/ripper, PHD.
Oct 1, 2012
Melbourne Australia
When I'm at the farm next I'll have a look at the fuses, I can't remember what they look like.
I'd be surprised if there's not someone/something local to you that would have those fuses or at least be a suitable alternative.