L2250 flashing lites on inst. panel

nick c

Equipment
L225 and L2250
May 16, 2013
ocala fl. usa
My L2250 has five lites on the inst. panel. One for the oil pressure and 4 others. When I turn the key on all 5 lite up. When the engine starts, the OP lite goes off, the other 4 start flashing on and off. What could cause this?
I really need your help.
thanks nick c

nick c

Equipment
L225 and L2250
May 16, 2013
ocala fl. usa
Update! I removed the cover on the voltage regulator while the tractor was running and the contact closest to the fuel tank was kicking on & off. When I touched it with a screw driver, the lites on the dash stoped flashing. Does anyone know what causes this and can the regulator be adjusted ?
thanks nick c

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Some regulators can be adjusted, but it's not worth messing with it.
I'm guessing you have one of 3 problems, a bad regulator or a bad alternator or a bad battery.
Pull all of them out and go to an auto parts store and have the alternator and maybe regulator, and battery tested.

plusmoins

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7950DT cab & 595 Allied fel, 2 y.cu snow bucket
Jan 19, 2014
St-Felicien, Qc, Canada
I have de same light problem today, they don't flash, they stay on... I own this 7950 DT since 4 weeks. The alternator look like new one. Your advices is welcome.

OTT forum is great, a real encyclopedia for me since i buy my new old Kubota.

Sorry for my bad english, i'm french speaking guy. I can read anything on the forum but when the time to write arrive i feel very small in my pants. ;) Weird feeling for a 240 pound 62 old man. :)

plusmoins

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7950DT cab & 595 Allied fel, 2 y.cu snow bucket
Jan 19, 2014
St-Felicien, Qc, Canada
Ok, i found the problem, it's the 3 wire plug on the alternator, the lock is broken and the plug only need to be pushed. Now i try to find a new plug. :)

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
Ok, i found the problem, it's the 3 wire plug on the alternator, the lock is broken and the plug only need to be pushed. Now i try to find a new plug. :)
That's great that you were able to find and fix your dash lights issue...

WELCOME to OTT.