L2195a snowblower rotation grease?

Tkranz

Equipment
L4330, Ford 8n
Nov 13, 2020
East Aurora, ny
Bought a new L2195 snowblower last year. Good in many ways. I had off and on chute rotation issues. I took it apart at the end of the snow season and discovered that my dealer had not put any grease on the rotation bushing when they installed the new blower.

putting it all back together this fall, I greased the nylon bushing as required in the operators manual. It seems very sticky, don’t know if it will rotate smoothly. ( not installed on tractor yet, so I don’t know how it will work yet).

what have other owners used for rotation bushing grease, or have you run it dry, the way my dealer put it together?

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
Clean the old grease off at the start of the season and put a new coat of red and tacky on.

mcfarmall

Equipment
Kubota M5660SUHD, Farmall C
Sep 11, 2013
Kalamazoo, MI
Red-N-Tacky is a trade name of a grease made by Lucas Oil, I believe.

Reactions: 1 user

ve9aa

Equipment
TG1860, BX2380 -backblade, bx2830 snowblower, fel, weight box,pallet forks,etc
Apr 11, 2021
NB, Canada
I don't know if this is correct to do or not, so I am not saying it *IS* y'all understand but I personally would not use grease on a snowblower chute rotation (bearing/area).

Why not I can hear you ask?

On my driveway, which is various types of gravel, I often see tiny rocks, dirt, leaves/branch pieces around the inside & outside/bottom of the snowblower chute area. I clean it off by hand best I can (hours after I am done and the thing is thawed out in my garage) and then use liberal amounts of cheap very thin spray lubricant like WD40 (or nothing).

I am in NB where it seems to be above freezing and below freezing a LOT in the winter.
If I use grease, it would attract all those tiny rocks and before long, I would have "rocky grease" and I'd have no snowblower chute left due to constant grinding action (think valve grinding paste on a larger scale). The snow seems like a "fair" lubricant when I forget to WD40 it.

If you are snowblowing pure asphalt or concrete (with no rocks or other contaminants, I am jealous) or you never go above freezing, obviously you are dealing with different conditions than I am, so there ya go...different "stuff" will be needed, and maybe grease is the best cure.

YMMV

woodsy

Equipment
95 Kubota L3300DT W/FEL, 60" AgroTrend 3pt snow blower89 Arctic Cat 440 Panther
Apr 20, 2021
Maine
I don't like grease on the chute base either having a gravel drive.. When I bought my snowblower used it had been greased and was stiff with dirt mixed in it.
Cleaned it all up, made a plastic bushing for the chute to set on from a
a 5 gal bucket lid.
That really helped the chute move easily being hand cranked. Way better than metal on metal.
Spraying some fluid film on it occasionally during the winter helps lubricate it and keep it freed up from snow and ice. A light oil would probably work as well.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I've used spray white grease (gummed up), Fluid Film (froze?), and probably a couple others like dry silicone, etc.. Never tried straight grease of any sort. Stone driveway here too.

Seemed like each lubricant I used caused a problem, or really didn't help.

Last couple/few years I've used nothing. Have had no issues with chute binding. Not saying correct thing, but it's worked for me.

I assembled my blower and front hitch/mid PTO from the crate to save a couple hundred dollars.

While 10 years ago, pretty sure there's a plastic bearing collar between the blower housing and chute itself.

Guessing new blowers are similar? Guess you'd have to look at parts diagrams for your particular blower to know.