L2050dt la450s loader issue

Tractah

Equipment
L2050
Dec 7, 2021
Massachusetts
Hello everyone, first post here and my first orange machine. The loader valve has a lot of slop in it and is also very jerky, especially on down. I assume this is a bad hydraulic valve. Kubota wants $895 for it. Is it possible to replace it with the cheap aftermarket ones? I noticed they seem to have one valve from what i can see, although i assume they are internal and there is in fact 2. They are exposed on the original and has linkage connecting them to the joystick. I would imagine an aftermarket will not bolt right up to the mounting bracket which i can easily weld one up but am just wondering. I would be very grateful for any detailed info on this. Thank you!!!!

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Go on line to Bailey Hydraulics. They have what you need for around $200. They have a holiday prom with 30% off now.
Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
If your tractor has been sitting outside, before giving up on the loader valve investigate the parts on the two metal cans on the lower outside of the valve body.

Within these cans are small ball bearings and springs which make up loader features like FLOAT.

It is common for water to accumulate in these cans rusting everything and making for rough valve operation. It is rare for the actual valve spools and valve body to wear out in the sort of use a farm tractor sees.

forum LA450S loader valve.jpg

Dave

Tractah

Equipment
L2050
Dec 7, 2021
Massachusetts
Awesome thank you for the suggestion i will check it out today. One reason i was looking for a new one was the fact all the linkage is extremely slopped out. I was debating either welding a couple washers where i can or running a quick bead in the holes and re drilling them. A little worried about possible binding issues after trying this.