L185 dropping 3pt linkage

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
L1501 with rotavator and brush cutter
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Hi all,
I haven't been on here for a while and it just seems as though I do when I have an issue with my little tractor - sorry about that.

I have an old L185 or L1501. Over the last year or so I have noticed that the 3pt linkage drops completely over night. It has now got so bad that I am having to constantly keep lifting the implement on the back when travelling between jobs and when using the sprayer. It lifts perfectly but just keeps dropping over a short period of time.
The fluid level is fine and I have no leaks that I can see. My gut feeling is that it may be the 'O' ring and back up ring on the hydraulic piston but given that I live in Spain and would need to order these from the US I would prefer a second opinion. I may have missed something so simple - I normally do.

Can any of you guys throw any light on the matter please.

Cheers
Gary

JimmytheGeek

Equipment
B7200E
Mar 12, 2016
Franklin, KY
Most likely that is your problem. I have the same issue on my B7200E, and I already have both parts. It's just finding the time to get in there and replace them for me at the moment.

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Thank you for your reply Jimmy. It does seem to be the most likely problem but just not sure if it was connected with anything else.

Cheers.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
Do you have the 3 pto hitch speed knob under your seat between your knees? You can adjust it to hold the arms up to keep the tractor operating.

It is probably the o rings that needs replacing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thespanishfarmer

Equipment
Apr 28, 2012
Cocentaina - Spain
Yes, I have tried turning the knob to the closed position completely and the arms still drop.

I shall be ordering the new 'o' rings today.

Thanks for the advice chaps.

Cheers.