L175 Hydraulics.

Alex from GA

Equipment
L175
Mar 27, 2013
Gainesville, GA
I wrote a while back that my 3 point hitch won't stay up and need more help. I disconnected the bush hog and the arms have about 3 or 4" of free play at the ends. My 3 point hitch falls down if the lever isn't in the up position. I removed the 6 bolts, 2 nuts and the hydraulic line from the top case and it won't come off. What's the secret? Thanks, Alex

brown10

Equipment
L175
Aug 4, 2011
Lake Wales, Florida
Alex, I have not been in the area you are working on. I had an issue with my 3 point hydraulics; the arms would not stay up, had lost power, and I could flop them up & down with no resistance. My issue turned out to be a clogged hydraulic strainer. An easy fix. I know you've probably checked that but I thought I would mention it just in case. - jerry

Alex from GA

Equipment
L175
Mar 27, 2013
Gainesville, GA
Found the problem and repaired it. The hydraulic piston that drives the 3 point hitch has a rubber O ring as piston rings. The O ring was broken. I called my local Kubota dealer and no go so I went to my local O ring supplier and bought one. I changed the oil while I was in it. The whole mess cost $57.