L1720 loader with external hyd. pump kaput.

ruben77

Equipment
L345DT, L1720 loader
Apr 5, 2016
Laredo
Hello purchased a Kubota recently and had my first issue it is a 1980 l345dt with a L1720 factory installed loader with an external crank mounted pump.

The external hydraulic pump blew the shaft seal. Seems the shaft key came loose and came in contact with the seal and retainer clip. Pulled it off and I looked far and wide and managed to score as far as I know the last known seal kit for this particular pump from a dealer in Michigan.
The question I have is the whole set up is worn and I may manage to pull a few more years out of it If the rebuild goes well, has anyone upgraded or mounted a more readily available Hyd. Pump to this setup? Or something similar even if a bracket modification is required.

I will machine and rebuild the shafts on both ends as both are in bad shape. all parts as far as I know are discontinued it is short of a miracle it held as long as it did.

Attachments

Diydave

Equipment
L2202 tractor, L185f tractor
Oct 31, 2013
Gambrills, MD USA
Try looking at surpluscenter.com's site. You will need to know the particulars of your pump, GPM, PSI, shaft size and length, and case mounting info.:D:D

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
One option is to remove the pump and run the loader of the tractor hydraulics. Yes it wil be slower but not bad. It just depends how much you use the loader. Two hydraulic hoses and a block it is not to bad.
Good Luck Lance

ruben77

Equipment
L345DT, L1720 loader
Apr 5, 2016
Laredo
Thanks Guys

DiyDave Ill check it out.

007kubotaguy I will look into this, Don't need it to work fast just work. Have you done this set up before? know of any posts of where is the best place to connect to?

007kubotaguy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B7100DT L245DT JD 2355
Dec 23, 2012
Herald Calif.
Hello Ruben
It is easy to hook it up to the tractor. Your tractor has a small block under the seat on left side. You remove this and install a new block that you hook the hoses to . I sent you a PM.
Good Luck Lance